The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Late assignments

I am in my first year at university of brighton studying primary Ed. I have found it very difficult and am yet to get in touch with SSGT but have had contact with my year lead and PAT about new medications and mental health concerns. My first assignment was submitted late but I gained a retroactive extension for it. I had another I submitted late as I was advised to as it was only a pass or fail so there was no grade cap. I now have another assignment I am struggling with because of issues with my entire flat and friend group that have been persistent, and with my mental health I have found it difficult. I am not concerned about the 40% grade cap as I don't mind that mark as long as I pass. But can I get kicked out for too many late assignments? or just if I fail them?
Original post by nh554
I am in my first year at university of brighton studying primary Ed. I have found it very difficult and am yet to get in touch with SSGT but have had contact with my year lead and PAT about new medications and mental health concerns. My first assignment was submitted late but I gained a retroactive extension for it. I had another I submitted late as I was advised to as it was only a pass or fail so there was no grade cap. I now have another assignment I am struggling with because of issues with my entire flat and friend group that have been persistent, and with my mental health I have found it difficult. I am not concerned about the 40% grade cap as I don't mind that mark as long as I pass. But can I get kicked out for too many late assignments? or just if I fail them?

Hi @nh554

We would highly recommend you contact your SSGT on [email protected] to arrange an appointment. They will be able to support you and explain the guidance in regards to extension to deadlines and the additional consideration process. Each student has their own unique situation, and it will be important that you receive the correct information and support available for you. Your SSGT will be the person for this.

You have also mentioned your mental health, your SSGT will be able to talk to you about what additional support is available at the University.

We wish you all the best with your studies and time at the University.

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :h:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending