The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham-Summer school

Hi, I have gained a place on the sutton trust summer school program at nottingham university doing environmental sciences. I'm quite worried as I have never done anything like this before and it is quite far from where I live, I will also be travelling alone by train to a place I have never been which I also find quite worrying. Does anyone who has been on the programme have any advice. What is it like? What should I expect? Things like that. if anyone has done this before or has an idea as to what happens could you please tell me about your experience. Also, is there anyone else here that is going on the 16th to the 21st of July that lives around manchester that may is traveling alone, maybe a group of us could meet up and travel together to make it less daunting? Thank you to anyone who replies for any help or advice you give :smile:
I did the sutton summer school at nottingham last summer and i really enjoyed, it was a 2 hour train from where i live and it was my first time going there but i found it fine, sutton trust also reimburse your travel costs after which is good. one thing i realised is you will be with other subject strands so you will meet lots of people on other subejcts as well as yours, during the morning you have your subject lecures as if its actual uni so you learn the kinds of things you would learn on the course and you meet lecturers and students which is great, in the afternoons you go back to the accomdoation and eveyone kidna has free time to play sports or other games so its really enjoyable dont worry about it too much.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending