The Student Room Group

Is Durham better than UCL or vice versa?

Someone has said that LSE and UCL are superior to Durham
(edited 7 months ago)
Durham is still good. I don't think it makes a big difference for Philo. Make sure you have a clear path you want to take to become a lawyer as it won't be easy without a typical law degree.
Original post by FortitudeBank
Durham is still good. I don't think it makes a big difference for Philo. Make sure you have a clear path you want to take to become a lawyer as it won't be easy without a typical law degree.

Is it anywhere near as good.
(edited 7 months ago)
Durham is up there with UCL. LSE superior I think. Know a lot of people who did well from Durham. Plus, if you get good grades in your A levels and in first year you can (not guaranteed but likely) transfer to a better university (and worst case scenario they take you based on your A levels with a guaranteed place? Just one year lost - not bad at all imo)
(edited 1 year ago)
If you don’t want to go why not withdraw and try through UCAS extra or clearing?
I’m assuming you’re international as Durham has a vg rep in the UK and is always amongst the top few ranked UK unis and also for the course.
That being said, if you feel you’ve selected a poor choice, withdraw. This will allow you to have other options through Extra or Clearing and also free up the place for a someone else who actually wants it.
Moreover, for your own happiness don’t do 3 years hating it. YOLO.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending