The Student Room Group

am i wrong?

hi
im a muslim girl
im 16 yrs old
not the best at school
i get grade 4,5,very little 6
my mum says if i fail i will get married to somone in pakistan or she think of punishments i cant imagine
my mum was brought up in the uk however her views are backwards
however my mother always acuses me of stealing her things because she loses them and also makes me pay for them.
she goes through my room
this started because my mum lost her spare phone and acused me of having it im the oldest i didnt have it however my mum went through my room took all my makeup,jewellry,perfume,nails,£80,
and she and my dad do not allows me of having a phone at 16
says things like
-you will always wear dresses(tho i hate them n she knows that)
-are a muslim girl
-stop being white whashed
-i think they swiched you at the hospital when you were born
-you have no looks or brain
-i am the owner of the house the deeds are on my name
and the things go on
she used to be voilent but now her threats are worse
she doesnt let me go out,eat food of my choice,and makes all my decisions
i am fed up
i said id move out and my mum said go but i didnt cause i had no where to go
my grandma (my mums mum) said if i want i can mover to hers
how do i tell my parents i dont want to stay with them
bare in mind my grandmas house is 5 houses away
btw-when i complain to my dad he just agrees with my mum
or doesnt do anything
however my dad is a sexist pig but he also spoiled me when i was little we used to have a bond but not anymore
how do i tell my mum i want to dress in westurn clothes like jeans,cargoes not big fat ugly dresses and i dont want to wear a hijab
more importantly how do i say i want to move out
plz help cause my saving have been taken by my parents too.(mum)
Hi
I think you need to reach out to a helpline rather than random advice you might get on here. I found a couple of organisations online. I know you say you don't have a phone but perhaps you can borrow a friend's?

https://myh.org.uk/
https://www.solacewomensaid.org/get-help/other-support-services/muslim-womens-helpline#:~:text=Muslim%20Women%27s%20Network%20UK%20set%20up%20a%20dedicated,can%20remain%20anonymous%20and%20women%20can%20feel%20supported.
hi there,
this sounds terrible, im so sorry you have to go through this
let a teacher at school know, maybe they can help out by contacting the appropriate authority but do let them know that you would be better off without involving your parents.
everyone will be willing to help you, just dont get scared, remember to remain brave as you know how badly you want to get out of this situation.
Original post by SandraNG
Hi
I think you need to reach out to a helpline rather than random advice you might get on here. I found a couple of organisations online. I know you say you don't have a phone but perhaps you can borrow a friend's?

https://myh.org.uk/
https://www.solacewomensaid.org/get-help/other-support-services/muslim-womens-helpline#:~:text=Muslim%20Women%27s%20Network%20UK%20set%20up%20a%20dedicated,can%20remain%20anonymous%20and%20women%20can%20feel%20supported.

thnx but i dont know
this seems extreme my parents would kill me if the rest of the family found out and would not speak to me at all
thnx tho
Original post by Anonymous
hi there,
this sounds terrible, im so sorry you have to go through this
let a teacher at school know, maybe they can help out by contacting the appropriate authority but do let them know that you would be better off without involving your parents.
everyone will be willing to help you, just dont get scared, remember to remain brave as you know how badly you want to get out of this situation.

thnx i was going to speak to a teacher but my mum went throught my school emails 'me telling my teacher i want to speak to her'and told me i would be no longer part of her family and i would have no place for me at all in her heart
so when i spoke to the teacher i changed what i was going to say
thnx bo you guys telling me makes me feel more confidence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending