The Student Room Group

Oxford SOP major typo: ground for rejection?

Gave my application (January 2024 submissions). Everything was fine till I realized post-submission that I used the wrong word in my SOP.
Used the word 'inimical' in the wrong sense, meant to write 'integral' instead (the context is that a particular theory was 'integral' in understanding the policy)... Inimical is actually the exact opposite of the meaning I wished to convey.
I am extremely worried that I messed up the application. Feeling so disappointed in myself after I literally spent hours refining my SOP and essays only to do something so stupid.
Is it advisable to write to the Department email pointing it out? I understand its not even feasible but I am feeling helpless and am worried if such a stupid mistake could cost me my entire application and be rejected
Your application will not hinge on a spelling mistake, indeed they may not even notice it. They will take in to account multiple sources of information about you before they make a decision. Writing inimical instead of integral will not be one of them. No doubt applicants write Oxfrdo instead of Oxford on their applications. Don't fret about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending