The Student Room Group

Train ticket fines?

Hi All
At the end of last month I was found by the Avanti West coast ticket inspector that I had not bought the correct ticket, my ticket should have cost around 17 pounds but I had bought a child's ticket and had made many stops. I gave him my false personal details and address, but the ticket inspector took my photo with his mobile phone. I don't know what to do now and I'm very frightened. Or do I have to pay a fine?Will they send a letter to that fake address? Or will they be able to find me?Will the police catch me?
(edited 1 year ago)
Nothing will happen
Reply 2
Original post by yeet_21
Nothing will happen

Because I didn't give the correct address, I couldn't receive any mail, so would the police have found me because the ticket inspector took my picture
Reply 3
Original post by Uu33
Because I didn't give the correct address, I couldn't receive any mail, so would the police have found me because the ticket inspector took my picture

Any updates on what happened?
Unless they were daft enough to interact with the same inspector again, nothing will have happened. A photo is not enough to locate someone, (and nor would the police have the resource to care).

Quick Reply

Latest