The Student Room Group

Army medical appeal

I have recently appealed a medical decision from the army, I received a message in the portal on the 13th March saying they had received my appeal and will be in touch soon. Does anyone know how long this will take, I was warned by an Army recruiter that it could take a while, but does anyone know of a timeframe in terms of them processing it?
There aren't really time frames. The email address you've been given should be a Dr - it's really just whenever they get a chance to look at it.
It's important to chase it up, especially if you're under a deadline for entry. Be extremely thorough with the info you've included; inevitably it'll be bounced back and forth once or twice because you've missed something.

In my experience, they got tired of looking at my info and just gave it the go ahead. It's a game of attrition -- so long as you get letters from doctors and evidence that you meet the standard, they can't refuse you.
Good luck and don't be put off -- can be frustrating but this is the easy part, so don't mess it up by not providing what they want!
Reply 2
Original post by TheHungryBadger
There aren't really time frames. The email address you've been given should be a Dr - it's really just whenever they get a chance to look at it.
It's important to chase it up, especially if you're under a deadline for entry. Be extremely thorough with the info you've included; inevitably it'll be bounced back and forth once or twice because you've missed something.

In my experience, they got tired of looking at my info and just gave it the go ahead. It's a game of attrition -- so long as you get letters from doctors and evidence that you meet the standard, they can't refuse you.
Good luck and don't be put off -- can be frustrating but this is the easy part, so don't mess it up by not providing what they want!

Thank you, I have now got a reply but it said I had to reapply, I did that but now I am still rejected on the medical system so cant be issued a new RGMD even though the doctor told me to reapply with all documents from my appeal and it would likely go through. As you said it’s very frustrating!
Reply 3
Original post by C_wordy
I have recently appealed a medical decision from the army, I received a message in the portal on the 13th March saying they had received my appeal and will be in touch soon. Does anyone know how long this will take, I was warned by an Army recruiter that it could take a while, but does anyone know of a timeframe in terms of them processing it?

On my case they wanted a a letter from my gp once i sent it back to them they came back to me within one week basically I didn’t get any message on my portal i got a call from recuriter he said i passed my medical and now we need to book for a assessment centre hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by Someoneeeee
On my case they wanted a a letter from my gp once i sent it back to them they came back to me within one week basically I didn’t get any message on my portal i got a call from recuriter he said i passed my medical and now we need to book for a assessment centre hope this helps.

Thank you, it’s all sorted now and am booked in for Briefing in September!

Quick Reply

Latest