The Student Room Group

I know it's random...

My mum insists on sweeping our CARPETED floor with a broomstick, when we have a perfectly working hoover, one my sister specifically buys to make our lives easier... The sole reason is she's worried about the noise disturbing neighbours, when in fact they're all at work anyway. It's not like we can't afford the electricity too. But the fact she sweeps all day (using a broom on carpet, toughie) for the tiniest speck of dust is just...exasperating.

She also has back pain problems too, but she's stubborn and care way too much what other people think when obviously no one cares. But she never listens (and keep sweeping the floor everyday and refuse to do much else than walking around the house sweeping, moving furniture back and forth etc)

Thanks for reading my very pointless rant. I just need to vent somewhere
People can be creatures of habit and like some degree of purpose. My mother stresses me out with how much time she will spend cleaning a spotless house. Clearly, she's a workaholic, but as a stay-at-home mum, she's channelled those tendencies into that.
Original post by Kilam_Namoan
People can be creatures of habit and like some degree of purpose. My mother stresses me out with how much time she will spend cleaning a spotless house. Clearly, she's a workaholic, but as a stay-at-home mum, she's channelled those tendencies into that.

YES
I feel like we should get stay-at-home mums hobbies to keep them occupied and healthy, but alas, mine's hobbies ARE cleaning and tidying stuff up, and she doesn't do much else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending