The Student Room Group

A levels motivation

I'm in year 12 rn, and I'm homeschooled/home ed. I'm planning to do my exams next year in June, but I have no motivation at all to do my schoolwork. Sometimes I do my work, but sometimes I'm just to lazy to do it. I've tried using the pomodoro technique, it works, but sometimes it doesn't, I've tried point reward systems, doesn't work, Tried making a flexible schedule, a strict scedule, punishments, detentions, and nothing works. So what should I do? I'm going to fail my AS if I keep doing this
Reply 1
first of all do not stress too much honestly you have more time than you think. what a levels are you taking?
Reply 2
Original post by mo05
first of all do not stress too much honestly you have more time than you think. what a levels are you taking?

I'm taking Psychology, Computer Sci, Law and Maths (AS only)
Reply 3
I take psychology too, do you do AQA?
Reply 4
No I don't, I do CIE
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
oh sorry i can't help much in terms of specific advice but I would advice you to try your best to make a solid timetable. if you have a short attention spam like I do I suggest you do 2 subjects a day. estimate how long you have until your exams and dedicate some time to understanding the content and the do plenty of exam questions. everyone struggles with motivation for revision but if you continue to push yourself to do each 2hrs a day and gradually increase the time you can overcome this.
Reply 6
Original post by mo05
oh sorry i can't help much in terms of specific advice but I would advice you to try your best to make a solid timetable. if you have a short attention spam like I do I suggest you do 2 subjects a day. estimate how long you have until your exams and dedicate some time to understanding the content and the do plenty of exam questions. everyone struggles with motivation for revision but if you continue to push yourself to do each 2hrs a day and gradually increase the time you can overcome this.

Ok thanks. Also, can I see what your day in the life look like? Maybe I can take some inspiration from you. And what A levels are you taking?

Quick Reply

Latest