The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Accomodation Query

Hello! I've just submitted my application for accomodation at Aberystwyth. I went for the Rosser halls. My application didn't get any further than selecting a room, after which it said

"Thank you for submitting, we will notify you when you are able to continue with the application."

I believe what it says, of course, but is this the standard process for Rosser applications? A friend of mine just applied to the Trefloyne halls and he was given the contract to read and sign, asked to provide all the details, etc., and seems to have everything fully sorted. Is this because the site is busy or is the process different for Rosser? I'm sure everything will work fine I'm just curious as to how this works. :smile:
Original post by Luke2512
Hello! I've just submitted my application for accomodation at Aberystwyth. I went for the Rosser halls. My application didn't get any further than selecting a room, after which it said

"Thank you for submitting, we will notify you when you are able to continue with the application."

I believe what it says, of course, but is this the standard process for Rosser applications? A friend of mine just applied to the Trefloyne halls and he was given the contract to read and sign, asked to provide all the details, etc., and seems to have everything fully sorted. Is this because the site is busy or is the process different for Rosser? I'm sure everything will work fine I'm just curious as to how this works. :smile:

@Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador @Aberystwyth University are you able to help this person at all?
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by 04MR17

This would be good to know, as I have an unconditional offer also and applied straight away for ensuite? I selected my room on the day and have not had an email confirmation, just received one on the portal.

Hi there,
It's great to hear that you're coming to study at Aberystwyth!
I would recommend that you get in touch with our Accommodation Team directly just to confirm everything. You can give them a call or email on 01970 622984 or [email protected] .

Please let me know if I can help with anything else at all :smile:
Anna
Reply 4
This happened to me too. So if anyone else has an insight as to when to continue and if this is correct then pls let me know too
Reply 5
It may be because it’s an insurance choice and until it goes unconditional firm then can’t continue
Reply 6
Just wanted to let you guys know I figured it out! Silly oversight actually... It turns out it's just because I still have a conditional offer to meet, and so my accommodation has been reserved, just not booked. My friend had an unconditional from the entrance exam, and so he was able to sign for it now.

Hope this helps! I got this from the accommodation office btw! :smile:
Reply 7
Just wanted to let you guys know I figured it out! Silly oversight actually... It turns out it's just because I still have a conditional offer to meet, and so my accommodation has been reserved, just not booked. My friend had an unconditional from the entrance exam, and so he was able to sign for it now.

Hope this helps! I got this from the accommodation office btw! :smile:

Cool. I have an unconditional insurance so I need to wait until / if it goes to firm on results day.. so like you I need to wait too

Quick Reply

Latest