The Student Room Group

Broken and let down by another guy

Yet again I've been let down by a guy, we was seeing each other at uni but I've just found out he's also been sleeping with a girl I hate and now they are both taking the **** out of me, he's gone round telling everyone in halls im a beach whale in bed and says I am way fatter than her which is sadly true but it still hurts, I've spent the whole day crying, I can't go to mum and dad as it's so broken at home there too, I'm so depressed he's managed to turn people against me, any advice?
Original post by Anonymous
Yet again I've been let down by a guy, we was seeing each other at uni but I've just found out he's also been sleeping with a girl I hate and now they are both taking the **** out of me, he's gone round telling everyone in halls im a beach whale in bed and says I am way fatter than her which is sadly true but it still hurts, I've spent the whole day crying, I can't go to mum and dad as it's so broken at home there too, I'm so depressed he's managed to turn people against me, any advice?

It sucks. But I can tell you nobody cares and nobody is turning 'against' you. This sort of drama occurs in halls. I'm sorry you're going through it.

However, if this escalates to bullying your Uni will have a policy about it. Do you have anyone to talk to about this?
Yeah I think the one very minor silver lining of just how dreadful this situation is that this is just straight up bullying and if can prove it to the uni then they will hopefully intervene and punish the guy but that's all easier said than done.

Good luck and I'm sorry you had to deal with this.
Sounds like you've dodged a bullet.
His comments are spiteful and crude.
Only give the impression that he is an immature little jerk trying to get attention and start drama in halls.

He will probably do something similar to every date or hookup he ever gets throughout his uni life, including his current partner in malice.
If he or she ever harass you, get the evidence and file reports against all culprits.
With the uni, student accomodation services and the police if there are more than 3 incidents or a serious crime is involved.
Same if they start making any illegal threats or unwanted contact attempts.

There are plenty of polite and more reasonably behaved single guys in the dating sea.
Good luck!
Yep. Agreed - you definitely dodged a bullet there. What a horrible person.

Maybe it'll suck for a little while. But no excuse to make it suck more than it should.

There's literally over 6 billion people in our world. Don't get down based on a small group of people. You are young. Move on to new things, new relationships, new adventures.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
It sucks. But I can tell you nobody cares and nobody is turning 'against' you. This sort of drama occurs in halls. I'm sorry you're going through it.

However, if this escalates to bullying your Uni will have a policy about it. Do you have anyone to talk to about this?

Always ******* drama in our halls so sick of it he was nasty to me again today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending