The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Accomadation

Hi, I plan on going to Cardiff University and need to pick an accommodation. I am studying Law and Criminology and require an ensuite. I prefer a lively, more social accommodation if there is parking that would be great but if not it is also ok. Being close to the student union would also be nice. What would be best for me?
Hey aneesha I'm Chris a first year student at University of South Wales, I might have an opportunity for you, I live at Ty Pont Haearn a student accommodation building in Cardiff, I re-booked my stay for a 2nd year however recently have found another living situation therefore I need someone to replace my stay starting on the 22nd September 2023. My building is a 15 minute walk from your Uni and is a good price of £125 per week. Let me know if you are interested, also I'm willing to pay you £200 because I understand it might be a faff going through a room replacement student rather than booking with an organisation online.

Thanks, message me if your interested :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Heyyy, I’m starting uni at Cardiff this year as well and have booked a room at zenith it’s very lively has I amazing amenities the rooms interiors are quite Modern and it’s literally right in the middle of the city best accommodation I found in Cardiff
Reply 3
Hey guys,

Just keep in mind that lots of accommodations give incentives to students to leave 5-star reviews on private accommodation. As a guide, if there are lots of 5-star reviews on Google Maps with professional quality photos and long reviews praising the accommodation, the students had an incentive to post them

In my accommodation (can't say name as worried), a few days ago we were offered beer in exchange for reviews on studentcrowd. They always provide incentives for favourable reviews. Me and a friend had some issues with the accommodation last year and left a 2-star and 3-star review. We weren't rude or breaking any ToS, we even praised the staff and out reviews got taken down. Same thing happened with a third student.

I complained about a malfunctional oven and a broken light a year ago and they haven't been fixed. The water fails 2-3 times a year and the heating almost always doesn't work during the coldest months (happened 3 years in a row). This winter, I had to wear my jacket indoors while it was -5 degrees outside and as I had no water, I had to use nearby shops for toilet. This was unacceptable for an accommodation that charges 210 pounds per week and yet no review mention that because they remove them.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending