The Student Room Group

Contacting Edexcel (maths)

Does anyone know a way to contact the exam board? Im studying maths and have some questions about their marking techniques, but can't find the answers I need.
Reply 1
what questions do u have?
Reply 2
Essentially what is the procedure when alternative methods are used that aren't on the mark scheme. Also what's the rule on De Moivre, and having many equals on the line. Looked on the mark scheme but couldn't find anything of use.
Original post by epica213
Does anyone know a way to contact the exam board? Im studying maths and have some questions about their marking techniques, but can't find the answers I need.

You can contact the maths team through the info on their web site
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/mathematics-2017.html
Reply 4
Essentially what is the procedure when alternative methods are used that aren't on the mark scheme. Also what's the rule on De Moivre, and having many equals on the line. Looked on the mark scheme but couldn't find anything of use.

generally it will say aoe1 i think which means reward valid alternatives? if there is a method used to reach an answer and the examiner is not familiar with it, they will ping it to their higher ups who will validate it and if they r not familiar with it the process continues. Otherwise, I'd suggest sticking to the right method on the markschemes. Think of the markscheme of having the flexibility of a proofs question, where there are multiple approaches to the same answer

The mark scheme examiners used is more detailed - a team leader can be asked if unsure.

Three lines are used when it's an identity not an equation - same as trig proofs.

Quick Reply

Latest