The Student Room Group

Driving for first time after passed test 10 years ago

Passed driving test around 2014
Not driven since as always used trains to go to London and not bothered. Now need to book some lessons to get confident before using parents car (they said need at least ten hours)

Lessons where I am £38-45 an hour however there is discount for booking 14 hours - pay for 12 via red school

However won’t book these larger hours just for discount if I only need 4-6 hours. What’s your best tip? Book 6 lessons first and see ? Only driving locally 20 mins or less no motorways
Are your parents willing to give you some lessons? Can't they let you drive and supervise you while running short errands or commuting. Six might be enough if they can supplement it, if not 10-12 should be OK.

If you can afford it then I'll just say purchase the 12 as there's no such thing as too much practice when it comes to driving, plus it will ease their mind about your driving.

Original post by Meiwongwong1
Passed driving test around 2014
Not driven since as always used trains to go to London and not bothered. Now need to book some lessons to get confident before using parents car (they said need at least ten hours)

Lessons where I am £38-45 an hour however there is discount for booking 14 hours - pay for 12 via red school

However won’t book these larger hours just for discount if I only need 4-6 hours. What’s your best tip? Book 6 lessons first and see ? Only driving locally 20 mins or less no motorways
Original post by Char3313L

purchase the 12 as there's no such thing as too much practice when it comes to driving,

By that logic every driver should be paying for lessons every week?

450+ is a lot of money just to convince other people (who still might say no)

I'd say take ONE 2 hour lesson and see how it goes before making an expensive commitment, then have a chat about this arbitrary 10 hours they ask, if they set a rule like that to borrow a car is worry what else they might ask.
(edited 1 year ago)
No not willing to let me learn in their car as they said I’m basically a beginner as it’s been so long without being in a car

What’s best 2 hour blocks or 1 1.5hr?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending