The Student Room Group

wanting a different career than what i’m doing in college.

hi! i’m going into college for animation and games art. i love art and drawing however my big dream is to be an actress. can i still get into unis for acting/progress with no quals?
Performing arts courses might require an audition and you'd probably be expected to have actually have some experience in that area, which might be through a qualification like a drama A-level or BTEC in that area, or through other experiences. Have you ever acted before, taken drama at GCSE for example, performed in school plays and so on? If not then...what is it that makes you want to be an actor?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
first, thank you so much for such a fast reply!
i did acting classes (as well as dance/singing if that helps lol) throughout a large portion of my childhood and then early teens (i stopped at 14)

i know it sounds ridiculous too but i’ve loved acting ever since young and am a big cinephile, i also regularly attend musical theatre performances (an unhealthy amount, at least for my bank 💀) i’ve also studied acting techniques/taken self tapes - lacked sleep over it. lol, so i’d consider myself quite ready to take on an audition for a uni level course, without prior training.

ahhhh such a stressful thing😭 thank you again!

Original post by artful_lounger
Performing arts courses might require an audition and you'd probably be expected to have actually have some experience in that area, which might be through a qualification like a drama A-level or BTEC in that area, or through other experiences. Have you ever acted before, taken drama at GCSE for example, performed in school plays and so on? If not then...what is it that makes you want to be an actor?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending