The Student Room Group

Criminology dissertation!!!!

I need some advice regarding my disso, i'm doing comparative analysis as my research as my topic is hard to form questionnaires around etc, however I am unsure how many words this section needs to be. I also am unsure of what structure to follow ie abstract, introduction, lit review etc, what comes after when you're doing comparative analysis?
any help or advice very much appreciated
Original post by Ixxxy
I need some advice regarding my disso, i'm doing comparative analysis as my research as my topic is hard to form questionnaires around etc, however I am unsure how many words this section needs to be. I also am unsure of what structure to follow ie abstract, introduction, lit review etc, what comes after when you're doing comparative analysis?
any help or advice very much appreciated

Hey @Ixxxy

I just want to preface that I'm doing my dissertation on Psychology so the information that I'm giving you is just from what I've queried for you and been told by my criminology peers and from what I've learned doing my own research. But for the best advice, I absolutely recommend asking your dissertation supervisor as they would have all the information you may need about structure and word counts.

The structure and target word counts for doing a 10,000 word comparative analysis:

The Front Page

Abstract - 200 words (doesn't count to the overall word count)

Contents Page

Introduction - 1000 words

Literature Review - 3000 words

Methodology - 1000 words

Results - 1000 words

Discussion - 3000 words

Conclusion - 1000 words

I hope this helps!!

Derrick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending