The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP! Coursework based degrees, which uni??

Hi everyone,

If you refer to my previous threads you will see that I am looking at doing a law degree to become a solicitor but I suffer with various medical conditions which make exams difficult for me (I cant sit for long periods of time, nor can I remember and regurgitate information well currently whilst coming off and going back on lots of tablets). So, this has lead to me trying to find universities that are largely coursework based. I know York is, and I believed Bedfordshire is as well, but York is a long way away and Bedfordshire is unlikely to be a Magic Circle enticing university for my CV, so any suggestions for others would help. Preferably the closer to London the better, and I would love to be able to study Aviation Law during the degree as well. I have D*D*D Aviation Operations Extended Diploma (wanted to be a pilot but can't for medical reasons, so have turned to something else I have an interest in) so I know I can't get into Birmingham, Oxbridge etc, but any suggestions are appreciated greatly.

Thanks
Original post by jbwalker
Hi everyone,

If you refer to my previous threads you will see that I am looking at doing a law degree to become a solicitor but I suffer with various medical conditions which make exams difficult for me (I cant sit for long periods of time, nor can I remember and regurgitate information well currently whilst coming off and going back on lots of tablets). So, this has lead to me trying to find universities that are largely coursework based. I know York is, and I believed Bedfordshire is as well, but York is a long way away and Bedfordshire is unlikely to be a Magic Circle enticing university for my CV, so any suggestions for others would help. Preferably the closer to London the better, and I would love to be able to study Aviation Law during the degree as well. I have D*D*D Aviation Operations Extended Diploma (wanted to be a pilot but can't for medical reasons, so have turned to something else I have an interest in) so I know I can't get into Birmingham, Oxbridge etc, but any suggestions are appreciated greatly.

Thanks

Dont think theres an easy way to get that information other than doing your own research.

Start with Russell group, then draw up a table identifying % of course work and which ones have an aviation module (not many). Its only going to be a very limited number as most dont do aviation or offer susbstantial coursework (other than a dissertation). there are also very few firms which do aviation law. I suspect you are going to have to compromise and decide which aspect is most important to you. Maybe you should look into distance earning as well.
Hi, did you ever find an answer to this? I am also looking for degree courses in Law or Criminology that are 100% course work based. I would like to know if you found any. It seems hard to find this info without contacting universities individually.
Reply 3
Original post by hevarization
Hi, did you ever find an answer to this? I am also looking for degree courses in Law or Criminology that are 100% course work based. I would like to know if you found any. It seems hard to find this info without contacting universities individually.

Please can I ask what you ended up going into, I’m in a very similar position :frown:
Original post by Aminah7221
Please can I ask what you ended up going into, I’m in a very similar position :frown:

My daughter chose Law and Criminology at Open University. Another option was University of Plymouth, where you could choose to do the coursework based modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending