The Student Room Group

Work experience?

Hey, I am 17 and in year 12. I have to do work experience that link to my A-level subjects. I am doing Psychology, Criminology and Sociology, does anyone have any ideas on what work experience I could do?
Hi!

Firstly, I would recommend looking at what interests you. Are there any charities/organisations that are particularly close to your heart? If so, then you may be able to get some work experience with them.

You could also look at if there are any opportunities to do work experience with the Sociology/Psychology/Criminology department at a local university. Lots of Masters/PhD students often need help with data collection for their dissertation (depending on the project), and it could give you some insight with the course content, which may help you decide what course you want to choose at university!

Good luck!
Mike

p.s. I studied Sociology at uni myself so if you have any questions just let me know!
Reply 2
Unless you are heading for a clearly vocational course like healthcare or teaching, it really doesnt matter what you do as no Uni application will hang on this. Just get a role where you have to talk to people and develop some customer service skills - this will always be useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending