The Student Room Group

Domestic Violence not a good enough reason?

Can't get an answer on the phone -

I submitted CPR for postgraduate funding as I had to drop out of my MA Education in 2021.

Today I have received an email saying I need a formal letter from the tutor on my previous course explaining why I left.

Strangely enough I didn't discuss it with my uni tutor when I was fleeing DV and leaving my home with nothing and sorting somewhere to live with Womens Aid! I included a letter from my DV worker as well as evidence of my mental health issues dealing with everything going on at the time.

Why do you need a letter from previous tutor when they know nothing off my situation? Strangely enough I was more concerned with escaping than discussing with my masters tutor!

I would like an explanation and instructions on how to make a formal complaint. If I can't have further funding fine but the reasoning is not in line with the reasons I dropped out.
Original post by JessieJoyce
Can't get an answer on the phone -

I submitted CPR for postgraduate funding as I had to drop out of my MA Education in 2021.

Today I have received an email saying I need a formal letter from the tutor on my previous course explaining why I left.

Strangely enough I didn't discuss it with my uni tutor when I was fleeing DV and leaving my home with nothing and sorting somewhere to live with Womens Aid! I included a letter from my DV worker as well as evidence of my mental health issues dealing with everything going on at the time.

Why do you need a letter from previous tutor when they know nothing off my situation? Strangely enough I was more concerned with escaping than discussing with my masters tutor!

I would like an explanation and instructions on how to make a formal complaint. If I can't have further funding fine but the reasoning is not in line with the reasons I dropped out.

Hi there, if you aren't able to provide the evidence you would need to send a cover letter explaining the reasons for this for the team to review.

If you would like to make a complaint you can do so via email. The email address is [email protected]

You can find out more information on CPR evidence requirements here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year
Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending