The Student Room Group

Has anyone dated anyone more than a week

Has anyone here dated anyone more than a week if so can you tell me some tips on how to get a girl.
Reply 1
Hi! I’ve been with my boyfriend for over 7 months now and here are a few tips I have.
1.) First make sure you are in a healthy place mentally and emotionally, as well as being mature enough. Just be sure you’re ready and able to handle a relationship at the moment.
2.) Have good communication, if something bothers you, tell your partner. Communication is a VERY important thing in a relationship. Remember communication is a two-way street, so she must also communicate with you.
3.) To have a long and healthy relationship, you have to realize that petty arguments and temporary feelings are not worth losing your partner over. Try hard to never say things you don’t mean or you know you’ll later regret.
4.) Take your time and don’t rush into anything, especially if you’re only doing it because you feel pressured.
5.) Trust is a very important factor, if you do not trust each other you won’t be able to sustain a relationship. Keep in mind trust is not just given, it is earned. Trust is much harder to get back once it it broken. Always remain faithful to each other and respect each other’s boundaries.
I hope this has helped you in some way! Good luck!
thank you but i have tried and they just leave
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
thank you but i have tried and they just leave

That is likely because they are not putting in the same effort as you. It has to be 50/50, of you’re doing everything you need to do, and they’re not, then that does not fall on you
Original post by Eva^
That is likely because they are not putting in the same effort as you. It has to be 50/50, of you’re doing everything you need to do, and they’re not, then that does not fall on you

ok they are not putting enough effort so what do i do then
Reply 5
ok they are not putting enough effort so what do i do then

Well first communicate to them that you feel they are not putting enough into the relationship. Unfortunately you cannot make someone put effort in, but if they love you and are with you for the right reasons you will work together and grow together
Original post by Eva^
Well first communicate to them that you feel they are not putting enough into the relationship. Unfortunately you cannot make someone put effort in, but if they love you and are with you for the right reasons you will work together and grow together

ok that makes sense what if they wont
Reply 7
ok that makes sense what if they wont

If they don’t then the relationship won’t work. It has to be a balance, they have to be willing to work with you
is it kind of weird going up to them and demanding that
Reply 9
is it kind of weird going up to them and demanding that

Well if you’re not in a relationship, then yes, but if you are together and they seem that are not putting in you need to communicate that with them
ok thank you
Reply 11
ok thank you

You’re welcome!
Has anyone here dated anyone more than a week if so can you tell me some tips on how to get a girl.

Saying you want to 'get' a girl comes over as desperate and possessive. Learn how to make friends with girls first.
Original post by Surnia
Saying you want to 'get' a girl comes over as desperate and possessive. Learn how to make friends with girls first.

i 100% agree if you want to have a gg then start with making realy good friends with her and get to know her first then once you are both comfortable around each other you can have a discussion about your feelings becasue a relationship is about trust and mutual respect so build it on that and earn her trust before you get all goo-goo eyed at her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending