The Student Room Group

lost in life

i'm writing this post because I feel extremely lost.
i have no friends. no passion for anything besides playing games. no interests for a career but I want to make myself and my parents proud that their son is not some failure.
I want to choose between going to university to study a course I really like or do an apprenticeship that will get me into a career.
But like I said I have no interest in anything and don't want to waste 3 years at university, graduating and still not knowing what to do.
So my question is, should I go for the apprenticeship that I have no interest in but may find out that I like it or go to university to find my interest?
Original post by Isa_04
i'm writing this post because I feel extremely lost.
i have no friends. no passion for anything besides playing games. no interests for a career but I want to make myself and my parents proud that their son is not some failure.
I want to choose between going to university to study a course I really like or do an apprenticeship that will get me into a career.
But like I said I have no interest in anything and don't want to waste 3 years at university, graduating and still not knowing what to do.
So my question is, should I go for the apprenticeship that I have no interest in but may find out that I like it or go to university to find my interest?

Firstly, it is so so so common to feel lost at what feels like a major crossroad in your life. You are not a failure for not being sure where your interests fall right now. If you're into gaming is that a possible field to go into? I graduated my undergraduate degree in 2015, dropped out my masters last year to change my field and start an apprenticeship - it isn't a life sentence to persue something now, next year, or the next decade, everything is flexible. Maybe a year out to focus on yourself and your mental health would be a good idea as well? Take your time to find yourself.

I'm a pm away if you need to chat!
Reply 2
I agree with the above poster. I’m 27 and after being a nurse, trying our games design and current looking to go into QA I feel at crossroads too. The truth is there is no answer till you find your passion, in the mean time I would say go with what you’re interested in. You may end up doing a job with your passions! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending