The Student Room Group

Switching courses with an application

I applied for BA Visual Communications through UCAS and received an unconditional offer, after attending an open day I think I’d rather do a BA in Graphic Design at the same university, Arts University Bournemouth, however after contacting them about my decision and submitting the same portfolio I didn’t get into the course. Are there any steps I can take to get in? Thanks.
Original post by rino99
I applied for BA Visual Communications through UCAS and received an unconditional offer, after attending an open day I think I’d rather do a BA in Graphic Design at the same university, Arts University Bournemouth, however after contacting them about my decision and submitting the same portfolio I didn’t get into the course. Are there any steps I can take to get in? Thanks.

Do they provide any opportunity to switch from BA (Hons) Visual Communications to BA (Hons) Graphic Design at the end of the first year? The fact that the latter allows for "direct entry applications to second and third year" (source) suggests that this might be possible, if you perform well enough in your first year. It's certainly worth asking them the question.

Quick Reply

Latest