The Student Room Group

Applying to adjacent/similar courses

Is it possible to apply, through clearing, to courses that are similar to your original choice, but differ in content and/or have a different UCAS code?

For example, if I apply for Physics BSc (Hons) with a UCAS code of F300, could I (if needed) switch to Physics and Mathematics (UCAS code GF13) or Theoretical Physics (UCAS code F345) if they're available? And if not, why?
I guess my question boils down to what is considered an alternative choice.

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Both that you have suggested would be absolutely fine with a physics personal statement.
Reply 2
What do you mean by 'switch to'?

Do you mean 'could I also apply for these courses on the same UCAS application?'
OR 'can I switch between these courses once I have an offer or once I am at University'?
You can apply to any course you like through clearing, (so long as it's available). It doesn't need to have any relation to courses you applied to in the main cycle.
Original post by McGinger
What do you mean by 'switch to'?

Do you mean 'could I also apply for these courses on the same UCAS application?'
OR 'can I switch between these courses once I have an offer or once I am at University'?

What I mean is closer to the latter. What I mean is, if I can't apply for a course through clearing, am I still able to apply for a similar course?
Original post by Brain_In_A_Jar
What I mean is closer to the latter. What I mean is, if I can't apply for a course through clearing, am I still able to apply for a similar course?

You can apply to any course you wish to in clearing provided that course is in clearing. It could be tiddlywinks and if necessary the university will ask for a new ps although that is rare. Certainly the change you making is very simple. Some change far more than that.
Original post by Admit-One
You can apply to any course you like through clearing, (so long as it's available). It doesn't need to have any relation to courses you applied to in the main cycle.

Thanks
Original post by swanseajack1
You can apply to any course you wish to in clearing provided that course is in clearing. It could be tiddlywinks and if necessary the university will ask for a new ps although that is rare. Certainly the change you making is very simple. Some change far more than that.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending