The Student Room Group

Grade 9 in English Language

I'm currently working at a grade 9 (barely) and I'd like to be more comfortably scoring higher so does anyone have any advice? I do Edexcel iGCSE.
i got a grade 9 in english language. if you can ensure that your creative writing is consistently scoring in the highest percentages i can guarantee you will get a grade 9 as people find the creative writing element quite difficult of the qualification
Original post by abcdefghid
i got a grade 9 in english language. if you can ensure that your creative writing is consistently scoring in the highest percentages i can guarantee you will get a grade 9 as people find the creative writing element quite difficult of the qualification

My school chose to do coursework instead of paper 2 so I don't have any creative writing in my written exam. Do you have any advice for analysing unseen texts?
Original post by scar-the-queen
My school chose to do coursework instead of paper 2 so I don't have any creative writing in my written exam. Do you have any advice for analysing unseen texts?

think about the overall emotion thats being evoked from the text. then, when having that considered, take one or two quotes that reinforce each other with that emotion you are going to explain. quality over quantity, and link everything together. constantly refer back to the emotion of the reader. your quotes should be 'an inch wide but a mile deep' - essentially, you should be comfortable explaining (in detail) that quote
Original post by abcdefghid
think about the overall emotion thats being evoked from the text. then, when having that considered, take one or two quotes that reinforce each other with that emotion you are going to explain. quality over quantity, and link everything together. constantly refer back to the emotion of the reader. your quotes should be 'an inch wide but a mile deep' - essentially, you should be comfortable explaining (in detail) that quote

That's helpful, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending