The Student Room Group

Do women prefer men with shaved chests?

I noticed that most men shave their chests. Do women like men with shaved or hairy chests?

I have never shaved my chest, except a bit for an ECG (echo cardiogram). I feel weird about the idea of shaving my chest and don’t think I ever will as i’m of the old school mentality that men don’t shave their chests and chest hair is manly.

So ladies, what’re your thoughts? Hairy chests or waxed/shaved chests?

Scroll to see replies

I hate hairy men. It doesn’t matter how attractive they are in other ways, it’s a dealbreaker.
Original post by boulderingislife
I noticed that most men shave their chests. Do women like men with shaved or hairy chests?

I have never shaved my chest, except a bit for an ECG (echo cardiogram). I feel weird about the idea of shaving my chest and don’t think I ever will as i’m of the old school mentality that men don’t shave their chests and chest hair is manly.

So ladies, what’re your thoughts? Hairy chests or waxed/shaved chests?

Hairy chests 100%
Two opposite replies. Guess hairy chests are a polarising topic :tongue:
Reply 4
I like them, but I'm okay with none.
Reply 5
You cannot generalise as some women will prefer men with hairy chests and some will prefer men with hairless chests. Don't worry about how 'women' perceive your appearance and instead focus on your personality and how you treat people and come across. There will always be people who have a preference, but rarely is it a total dealbreaker. The most important thing is to be the kind of person that you would want to be around.
Reply 6
I don't equate masculinity to being hairy.
A little bit looks fine.
Original post by xox416
I don't equate masculinity to being hairy.
A little bit looks fine.

But it’s natural though!
It depends on the specific woman, her dealbreakers and beauty standards.
I prefer guys without it but not a dealbreaker.
Reply 9
But it’s natural though!

Idk maybe you can pull it off 🤷*♀️
Reply 10
It’s really a preference. My boyfriend has no hair on his chest and I like feeling his smooth chest when we’re cuddling, but if he did have a hairy chest I would not mind. He has hair on other places of his body and I do not mind, but some women do have a preference. It’s perfectly okay to have a preference, just like some men prefer to shave their chest. Everyone feels differently.
Lol me too I make my boyfriend shave everything and he agrees he’s a guy and he doesn’t like hair except for hair on his head haha
Original post by xox416
Idk maybe you can pull it off 🤷*♀️

To date no one has asked me to shave my hairy chest except my obese bro lol, and loads of people have seen my hairy chest at the climbing gym and when i climb outside. Maybe climbers just aren’t bothered compared to the average normal human? :tongue:
Original post by Eva^
It’s really a preference. My boyfriend has no hair on his chest and I like feeling his smooth chest when we’re cuddling, but if he did have a hairy chest I would not mind. He has hair on other places of his body and I do not mind, but some women do have a preference. It’s perfectly okay to have a preference, just like some men prefer to shave their chest. Everyone feels differently.

Doesn’t shaving the chest leave it stubbly and spikey though? Like when the hair grows back your bf’s chest will feel itchy and when you touch it, won’t it be like touching his beard? Unless he shaves it literally every day which is mission!
(edited 1 year ago)
To date no one has asked me to shave my hairy chest except my obese bro lol, and loads of people have seen my hairy chest at the climbing gym and when i climb outside. Maybe climbers just aren’t bothered compared to the average normal human? :tongue:

Lmao whyd you point out that your bro is obese 🤣

Obviously the climbers won't tell you anything about your hairy chest, thats rude coming from a stranger. People closer to you will tend to tell you the truth like your bro and women you are intimate with.
Original post by xox416
Lmao whyd you point out that your bro is obese 🤣

Obviously the climbers won't tell you anything about your hairy chest, thats rude coming from a stranger. People closer to you will tend to tell you the truth like your bro and women you are intimate with.

I donno, i thought all climbers just spoke their minds. Maybe that’s just me then :tongue:. Only thing that gives me the ick is my hairy shoulders. My chest hair i’m super comfortable with.
I donno, i thought all climbers just spoke their minds. Maybe that’s just me then :tongue:. Only thing that gives me the ick is my hairy shoulders. My chest hair i’m super comfortable with.

I saw the post you deleted originally sneaker. 🤣
Original post by xox416
I saw the post you deleted originally sneaker. 🤣

🫣 decided it was not a nice thing to write so had to delete! Still working in my tact :tongue:
Reply 18
Doesn’t shaving the chest leave it stubbly and spikey though? Like when the hair grows back your bf’s chest will feel itchy and when you touch it, won’t it be like touching his beard? Unless he shaves it literally every day which is mission!

Well my boyfriend doesn’t shave his chest, he’s just naturally smooth there. This may be true for others.
Original post by Eva^
Well my boyfriend doesn’t shave his chest, he’s just naturally smooth there. This may be true for others.

Man without chest hair? Wait, what? Is that even a thing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending