The Student Room Group

Nottingham Uni vs Southampton Uni HELP

Hi, I need advice, I’m aiming to do maths (G100) at uni and have offers from both southampton, AAA, Nottingham, A*AA, and Birmingham AAA
Southampton is closer to home by about an hour, and all seem even on league tables. I’m currently at A*AB so think I can get into all with some work
I’ve heard that Nottingham is a nice city but I’ve never been, same with Birmingham, and I have been to an open day for southampton before and liked it
I have applied for Accom at southampton but not notts or Birmingham
Would like some advice on which to choose, which course is better and which city is better for nightlife
(edited 1 year ago)
Which course do you prefer?
All look great to me! Any chance of visiting Birmingham and Nottingham?
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
All look great to me! Any chance of visiting Birmingham and Nottingham?

I could go visit the cities, but they’re 3 hours away ish and there’s no open days anymore so I’m not sure
Original post by ar2707
I could go visit the cities, but they’re 3 hours away ish and there’s no open days anymore so I’m not sure

Are there direct trains at affordable prices? I see your issue with the distance unless there is a cost effective way to get there.

I think that were it me I'd be more interested in checking out the cities and university areas than going to an open day. Lets say you spend a few hours in Nottingham - go to the campus (I think its beautiful but you may feel differently), get a bus to the town centre and have a look around. I'd say Nottingham feels a lot smaller than Birmingham which may or may not suit you.

Birmingham - the university is also somewhat near to the city centre and in an attractive suburb. The centre of Birmingham seems a lot busier than Nottingham to me and is certainly a lot larger.

Anyway, I'm sure you will love wherever you go!

Quick Reply

Latest