The Student Room Group

Student finance trust fund

Basic summary:
-Parent set up a trust fund before their death
-I do not plan on touching it until I'm 21.
-Other parent and 3 other people have to sign off before I get any of the money.

Does this count as unearned income to be received in 2023/24 if I won't be receiving the money? Please help.
Original post by SquirrelPatronus
Basic summary:
-Parent set up a trust fund before their death
-I do not plan on touching it until I'm 21.
-Other parent and 3 other people have to sign off before I get any of the money.

Does this count as unearned income to be received in 2023/24 if I won't be receiving the money? Please help.

Hi there, the unearned income that must be declared on your account is as follows:
Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
Property Lettings or Rent
Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
Trusts or Sponsorships
Pensions
Payment from their employer who has released them to attend their course
Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, the unearned income that must be declared on your account is as follows:
Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
Property Lettings or Rent
Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
Trusts or Sponsorships
Pensions
Payment from their employer who has released them to attend their course
Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

Thanks, Karen

Thank you :smile:
As for trusts, does it have to be declared if you're not recieving income from it? As in will I have to declare it if I'm the trustee and do not have access to it yet? (And will not be withdrawing anything from it)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by SquirrelPatronus
Thank you :smile:
As for trusts, does it have to be declared if you're not recieving income from it? As in will I have to declare it if I'm the trustee and do not have access to it yet? (And will not be withdrawing anything from it)

This still needs to be declared. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending