The Student Room Group

Funding after completing foundation degree

Hi there,

I've completed a 2 year foundation degree and was doing a top up year at university but suspended studies due to ill health so still have that year of funding.
I'm looking to change and start a 3 year paramedic science degree, I thought it would then be a second degree and I would not get student finance but the university I'd like to apply to advised me that the foundation degree does not count and the paramedic science degree would count as my first degree and I'd be eligible for student finance, is this correct?
Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance
Original post by lucyhowes994
Hi there,

I've completed a 2 year foundation degree and was doing a top up year at university but suspended studies due to ill health so still have that year of funding.
I'm looking to change and start a 3 year paramedic science degree, I thought it would then be a second degree and I would not get student finance but the university I'd like to apply to advised me that the foundation degree does not count and the paramedic science degree would count as my first degree and I'd be eligible for student finance, is this correct?
Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance

Hi lucyhowes994,

We do take your previous study into account, unless you are entitled to the Ambulance Service Trust, only then would we disregard your previous study year(s).

3+1`3= 1 year, this means you would be fully funded for year 3 of the new course but in years 1 and 2, you would need to self fund the Tuition Fees for those years as you would only be entitled to the Maintenance Loan and grants.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi lucyhowes994,

We do take your previous study into account, unless you are entitled to the Ambulance Service Trust, only then would we disregard your previous study year(s).

3+1`3= 1 year, this means you would be fully funded for year 3 of the new course but in years 1 and 2, you would need to self fund the Tuition Fees for those years as you would only be entitled to the Maintenance Loan and grants.

Thanks, Clare

Thanks Clare
Original post by lucyhowes994
Thanks Clare

You're welcome, have a lovely day. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending