The Student Room Group

MPhil Criminology Cambridge 2020/2021

Has any Criminology and Crim Research offer holders heard anything from the department?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kennykrays
Has any Criminology and Crim Research offer holders heard anything from the department?

Hello
Happy to find this thread....
I have applied last month
My application is still under review by the department
Hey guys, I was just wondering how hard it is to get funding for the MPhil course ?
Reply 3
Has anyone heard something from the Cambridge Trust funding?
Reply 4
Original post by majoseab
Has anyone heard something from the Cambridge Trust funding?

I haven't heard anything yet (have an offer for Mphil Criminology) but also didn't ask whether or not I was nominated for any so unsure if I have been :smile: wbu?
Reply 5
Original post by fizzy62
I haven't heard anything yet (have an offer for Mphil Criminology) but also didn't ask whether or not I was nominated for any so unsure if I have been :smile: wbu?

The department told me I was nominated when I sent them an email asking about something related, I think some have asked them directly if they have been nominated or not. They said we would hear from the Trust if we have been successful between april and august, perhaps they meant late april due to the easter break?
Reply 6
Is anyone applying to the Manuel Lopez Studentship and the Wakefield scholarship for Criminology?

And has anyone heard anything about funding? From scrolling the Cambridge trust section it seems they’ve awarded two awards to criminology students.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Is anyone applying to the Manuel Lopez Studentship and the Wakefield scholarship for Criminology?

And has anyone heard anything about funding? From scrolling the Cambridge trust section it seems they award two awards to criminology students.

I am applying to the Manuel Lopez studentship, I am not eligible for the Wakefield one. And you?

And nothing from the Cambridge Trust nor College funding. I hadn't checked the list so I hadn't noticed that an award was already given to someone doing the MPhil in Criminological Research... Not sure if there still any hope or if we have to wait for someone to reject it and perhaps have a better chance at getting it.
Reply 8
I am applying to the Manuel Lopez studentship, I am not eligible for the Wakefield one. And you?

And nothing from the Cambridge Trust nor College funding. I hadn't checked the list so I hadn't noticed that an award was already given to someone doing the MPhil in Criminological Research... Not sure if there still any hope or if we have to wait for someone to reject it and perhaps have a better chance at getting it.

That’s good. I’m applying to the Wakefield scholarship. I’m not too sure about the Manuel Lopez yet. I did see they’ve awarded an MPhil Crim Research and One Criminology but I think it must have been DPhil. I emailed the Dept and it seems general funding hasn’t ended.

Are you in Crim Research or Criminology?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
That’s good. I’m applying to the Wakefield scholarship. I’m not too sure about the Manuel Lopez yet. I did see they’ve awarded an MPhil Crim Research and One Criminology but I think it must have been DPhil. I emailed the Dept and it seems general funding hasn’t ended.

Are you in Crim Research or Criminology?

Crim Research. That's good to know general funding hasn't ended!
Hey y’all, I got awarded the Jack Merritt Scholarship! So I will be moving from Fitzwilliams college to Hughes Hall.

Don’t lose hope yet, general funding/departmental funding is still going on until July.
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a criminology group chat for offer holders ?
Original post by roshansathy
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a criminology group chat for offer holders ?

I haven’t seen any, but I can open a discord chat for Criminology offer holders if everyone wants one. :smile:
I haven’t seen any, but I can open a discord chat for Criminology offer holders if everyone wants one. :smile:

That would be amazing if possible!
Hey y’all, I got awarded the Jack Merritt Scholarship! So I will be moving from Fitzwilliams college to Hughes Hall.

Don’t lose hope yet, general funding/departmental funding is still going on until July.

That's great!! Congrats!!
That's great!! Congrats!!

Thank you !
Hey everyone, I have made a discord group for Criminology Offer Holders, do join and tell others to join so we can build a community.

Thank you!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/7a9RHFah
Hey everyone, I have made a discord group for Criminology Offer Holders, do join and tell others to join so we can build a community.

Thank you!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/7a9RHFah

Thank you so much !
Reply 18
Hi everyone! Does anyone know when the Manuel Lopez funding award will be announced? I hate not knowing if we will be told if we were rejected/accepted 😭
Original post by s2656
Hi everyone! Does anyone know when the Manuel Lopez funding award will be announced? I hate not knowing if we will be told if we were rejected/accepted 😭

Hi! I asked the graduate administrator and she told me she thinks she will hear from the committee in the next 2-3 weeks and that she will get in touch as soon as she knows the decision. So at least we will know if we have been unsuccessful instead of eternally waiting (I think) haha. Do you know how much is the award?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending