The Student Room Group

Advice on picking subjects for 5th year

This year I’m doing my Nat 5 exams and I’ve already filled out my subject choices but for the second Column I chose wood work but I think I’d wanna crash H modern studies instead.

I did modern studies in 3rd year and enjoyed it and did well, do you think it would possible for me to get a b in higher.

I’ve also chosen H English, french, chemistry, pe and Nat 5 bio.

I don’t know if I wanna leave at the end of s5 or stay till 6th year and want to maybe have options for uni (if I decide to go) but for what I want to do I just need two highers but want the extra just in case.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Hulia…
This year I’m doing my Nat 5 exams and I’ve already filled out my subject choices but for the second Column I chose wood work but I think I’d wanna crash H modern studies instead.

I did modern studies in 3rd year and enjoyed it and did well, do you think it would possible for me to get a b in higher.

I’ve also chosen H English, french, chemistry, pe and Nat 5 bio.

I don’t know if I wanna leave at the end of s5 or stay till 6th year and want to maybe have options for uni (if I decide to go) but for what I want to do I just need two highers but want the extra just in case.

Hi I crashed modern in S5 aswell, I had infact never took it in s3 and had only received a term of it in s2.
It is most definitely possible to receive a B in Higher modern in crashing even possibly you could get an A, if you put in the effort and do active recall.
Just remember it is a lot of memorising.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending