The Student Room Group

Everyone at school hates me! :(

Hi! It’s weird for me to type here since I’m not even from the UK but whatever lol.
I have a huge, huge issue!! I’m on my last year of high school in Italy, and I only have one friend in class. My other friend recently got a surgery that takes a while to recover. What I’m trying to say is, since my other friend (extrovert) left, no one talks to me anymore :frown: I try to make conversation with them, but it never goes further than small talk or school talk. I also know they talk badly about us behind our backs because we’re kind of bad students so we never volunteer for things, but I also never promised them I would so like ???? Anyways, my one friend, the one that sticks with me, has social anxiety (I think) so she never wants to talk to anyone that isn’t me and only wants to do things together with me (she misses school, I miss school, she doesn’t do an assignment, I don’t have to do it either…) and I think that this sort of “self-isolation” that she’s practicing is gonna take us further and further from anyone else. I just want some tips on how I could fix this! :frown: Thank you to anyone that read until here! Sorry, I like to ramble a lot lol. :smile: Have a good day!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! It’s weird for me to type here since I’m not even from the UK but whatever lol.
I have a huge, huge issue!! I’m on my last year of high school in Italy, and I only have one friend in class. My other friend recently got a surgery that takes a while to recover. What I’m trying to say is, since my other friend (extrovert) left, no one talks to me anymore :frown: I try to make conversation with them, but it never goes further than small talk or school talk. I also know they talk badly about us behind our backs because we’re kind of bad students so we never volunteer for things, but I also never promised them I would so like ???? Anyways, my one friend, the one that sticks with me, has social anxiety (I think) so she never wants to talk to anyone that isn’t me and only wants to do things together with me (she misses school, I miss school, she doesn’t do an assignment, I don’t have to do it either…) and I think that this sort of “self-isolation” that she’s practicing is gonna take us further and further from anyone else. I just want some tips on how I could fix this! :frown: Thank you to anyone that read until here! Sorry, I like to ramble a lot lol. :smile: Have a good day!

Hey try to branch out a-bit more maybe try the volunteering u cld meet some new friends by doing it as well or just in class if u sit near someone try to start a conversation like give someone a complement and just try carry on a conversation idk lol that’s why I do
Original post by darceyspiderman
Hey try to branch out a-bit more maybe try the volunteering u cld meet some new friends by doing it as well or just in class if u sit near someone try to start a conversation like give someone a complement and just try carry on a conversation idk lol that’s why I do

thank you so much!! i’ll try that out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending