The Student Room Group

Psychology conditional offers

Hi I'm planning to apply for psychology (2024 entry), and for top universities like UCL, KCL, etc., they all have entry requirements of A*AA. I was wondering for the conditional offers they send out, do they lower the grade requirements or does the A*AA still stand? For context, I do psychology, math and business alevels - Do they specify that I MUST get an A* in psychology? Could anyone give advice? Thank you!
I think you mean contextual offers (meaning you live in a deprived area), yes UCL lowers it from A*AA to BBB and KCL from A*AA to AAB (this lowered offer is usually guaranteed if you fulfil what the requirements are to be contextual).

You can see every unis requirements for contextual students if you scroll just below the normal entry requirement stated. The same applies for the A* in psychology, you will have to check the website of each uni but both UCL and KCL say you need an A*AA (non contextual) with one of maths, chem, physics or psychology (meaning you need an A in maths or psychology). If you are contextual for UCL you need maths or psychology at a B and for KCL you need maths or psychology at an A.

If you mean conditional then depends if you’re contextual (conditional means you only get an offer if you get the grades after your exam).

However when applying I think it’s best to have A*AA predicted to keep up with non-contextual competition. Overall, please check all the websites all the information is there if you search the uni name and psychology after.

Quick Reply

Latest