The Student Room Group

Brampton manor academy worth it?

I just got a conditional offer from Brampton manor academy and I've heard so many great things about it but I was wondering from any current students perspectives what the bad parts are?

Scroll to see replies

I am currently a year 12 going into year 13. Personally, I do not find it that bad I do maths, further maths, economics and physics however im dropping further. They do expect a lot from you and it does come down to you being very independent and motivated to keep up with your work. I have friends who do not like it but I think it comes down to knowing that Brampton receive the grades they do through hard work and not solely the teaching. It is tough and you will end up having a lot of early mornings and late nights which may end up overwhelming but i think it is worth it. opinions vary a lot on if brampton is worth it or not
Reply 2
Original post by bobmarley99
I am currently a year 12 going into year 13. Personally, I do not find it that bad I do maths, further maths, economics and physics however im dropping further. They do expect a lot from you and it does come down to you being very independent and motivated to keep up with your work. I have friends who do not like it but I think it comes down to knowing that Brampton receive the grades they do through hard work and not solely the teaching. It is tough and you will end up having a lot of early mornings and late nights which may end up overwhelming but i think it is worth it. opinions vary a lot on if brampton is worth it or not

Thankyou sm
Reply 3

Are you allowed to drop economics and do maths, further, and physics in Y13?
WHAT WERE YOUR PREDICTED GRADES? sooruy capps lock
and extra curriculurs please?
Hi, I'm also a yr 12 student at Brampton, doing bio,chem, psychology, and I've dropped maths. Ngl its a very intense skl, and they have high expectations of you. The work load it A LOT, but they do prep u really well for uni. My predicted grades were around 7- 8s for sciences, maths and english, and like a 6 for french. Just make sure ur GPA is a 7 with ALL your predicted grades ( ik some colleges say only top 8 subjects). As for extracurricular, didn't really do much, just was doing a language course, but don't worry about that too much.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by headless chick
Hi, I'm also a yr 12 student at Brampton, doing bio,chem, psychology, and I've dropped maths. Ngl its a very intense skl, and they have high expectations of you. The work load it A LOT, but they do prep u really well for uni. My predicted grades were around 7- 8s for sciences, maths and english, and like a 6 for french. Just make sure ur GPA is a 7 with ALL your predicted grades ( ik some colleges say only top 8 subjects). As for extracurricular, didn't really do much, just was doing a language course, but don't worry about that too much.

Thanks for your advice i feel a bit more confident in applying (Sept 2021 loool i know its so early to think about sixth form now) and good luck for a levels!
Original post by kinderbuenoxoxo
Thanks for your advice i feel a bit more confident in applying (Sept 2021 loool i know its so early to think about sixth form now) and good luck for a levels!

Thank You! Wow, thats early, but good luck with GCSE's as well! Lol just realised I replied to u on ur other discussion about brampton as well.[post="88948600"]cancel[/post]
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank You! Wow, thats early, but good luck with GCSE's as well! Lol just realised I replied to u on ur other discussion about brampton as well.[post="88948600"]cancel[/post]

yeah haha just wanna make sure i dont mess up year 11 like i did with year 10

hey is it still possible to get in if you didn’t get a conditional offer?
Original post by kamisoto
hey is it still possible to get in if you didn’t get a conditional offer?

I don't think so sorry
I don't think so sorry

oh why not?

i’ve emailed the school and they said it’s possible considering other conditional offers?
oh why not?

i’ve emailed the school and they said it’s possible considering other conditional offers?

Really? I wasn't aware of that, I thought only those with conditional offers can get in as they give out way more offers than places.
Really? I wasn't aware of that, I thought only those with conditional offers can get in as they give out way more offers than places.

yeah
but i think people who’s predicted were 6-7s would get conditionals so the number would go down a lot by the results day

plus the boundaries are tighter now, i.e maths and sciences
Attachment not found
(edited 3 years ago)
yeah
but i think people who’s predicted were 6-7s would get conditionals so the number would go down a lot by the results day

plus the boundaries are tighter now, i.e maths and sciences
Attachment not found

Ahh ok makes sense, just go by their word, you should get a place if u get the grades then, hopefully you're successful!
(edited 3 years ago)
thank you so much! but i’ve been feeling really stressed out

do you go there by any chance?
thank you so much! but i’ve been feeling really stressed out

do you go there by any chance?

Yh, I know the feeling, but I do go to Brampton so if you have any questions about it, just private message me!:smile:
thank you :smile: i acc don’t know how to private message i’m quite new here XD

could you help me with that please
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh you figured it out lol
Ive got into Brampton for this September but I want to change one of my alevel subject (history) to psychology (and if not psychology bc its popular I would rather doo politics as there's less workload than history)
Does Brampton allow you to do a subject change in September?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending