The Student Room Group

Going abit lighter on weight lifting

So I am thinking of going a bit lighter on the weights as I box at the same time and I found doing both heavy lifting and boxing really taxes me and I cant seem to recover quick enough, Would doing let's say moderate weight be enough to maintain my physique/mass?
Original post by Agent456
So I am thinking of going a bit lighter on the weights as I box at the same time and I found doing both heavy lifting and boxing really taxes me and I cant seem to recover quick enough, Would doing let's say moderate weight be enough to maintain my physique/mass?

Probably yes. You don't need to train at "high" intensities to make gains. Weights in the region of 70-80% of 1RM are perfectly sufficient to make good gains - the key is that you need to get in enough volume.
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
Probably yes. You don't need to train at "high" intensities to make gains. Weights in the region of 70-80% of 1RM are perfectly sufficient to make good gains - the key is that you need to get in enough volume.

how about if I stay in the 8 - 12 rep range

just to maintain mass

this will be good enough right?
Original post by Agent456
how about if I stay in the 8 - 12 rep range

just to maintain mass

this will be good enough right?

Probably. If you keep a few reps in the tank on each set that should reduce the amount of fatigue you get from weights training.

Quick Reply

Latest