The Student Room Group

Dieting

I binge ate a lot today and I don’t know how many calories I ate. I feel really guilty. I have been doing well on my diet so far, and I’m going to the beach on Friday and I know I’ll be eating a lot then too going over my deficit. Should I fast from now till Friday to compensate for everything I ate today? Will this compensate for todays binge as I did eat a lot.
Reply 1
Original post by Syed998
I binge ate a lot today and I don’t know how many calories I ate. I feel really guilty. I have been doing well on my diet so far, and I’m going to the beach on Friday and I know I’ll be eating a lot then too going over my deficit. Should I fast from now till Friday to compensate for everything I ate today? Will this compensate for todays binge as I did eat a lot.

No. Eat normally and by "normal" I mean a sensible amount for a human being, not a mouse or whatever. Your body needs food for energy to just carry out basic functions; not eating enough can cause serious and dangerous consequences further down the line.
Restricting will most likely just lead to more binging, and then you get yourself into a horrible cycle.

Do you actually need to lose weight? What is your current weight, height, and age?
Reply 2
I’m 17. 5”4. 53kg.
Reply 3
Original post by Syed998
I’m 17. 5”4. 53kg.

You do not need to lose any weight.

Spoiler

Please eat proper, regular meals and snacks, consistently, and look after yourself. If you feel you're struggling at all with any of this, please speak to a GP :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest