The Student Room Group

What exam gcse questions

What questions do you think will come up in the exam for maths and english
Original post by Elifeissosweet

With Maths there's usually a pattern or a structure that most exam boards follow for their papers and so if you do your exam board's past papers, you should see a pattern of the question styles that get repeated soon enough. Some websites also release predicted papers.

It is almost the opposite with English Literature, they will try not to repeat questions they have used in the past so I would make essay plans on the questions and themes that have not already been covered and go from there.
Original post by cherryblossom27
With Maths there's usually a pattern or a structure that most exam boards follow for their papers and so if you do your exam board's past papers, you should see a pattern of the question styles that get repeated soon enough. Some websites also release predicted papers.

It is almost the opposite with English Literature, they will try not to repeat questions they have used in the past so I would make essay plans on the questions and themes that have not already been covered and go from there.

What past papers do you use to answer questions as revision
What past papers do you use to answer questions as revision

There's lots of websites available online especially for maths. When I did my GCSEs I used physicsandmathstutor, maths genie (honestly saved my grade), corbett maths, hegarty maths and I did all the past papers available on my exam board's website and also some from different exam boards. For english, I would recommend doing language papers from physicsandmathstutor and then make essay plans for english literature. Good luck!

id love to help but could u tell me what board u follow? edexcel? caie? aqa?
edexcel and aqa
Original post by j3ssica jon3s
id love to help but could u tell me what board u follow? edexcel? caie? aqa?
ok so i take edexcel and you can know what type of qs they ask for math by doing as many past papers as possible. from what ive gone thru, their main focus is shape and space, algebra, differentiation and probability. there are also many easy cumulative frequency qs.

to do past papers i use physicsandmathtutor. if ur struggling in any specific topic, they have chapterwise qs u can go thru.

https://www.youtube.com/@DrYacineKoucha this guy does paper walkthroughs that are great to watch

good luck for ur gcses!

Quick Reply

Latest