The Student Room Group

Residency Status

Hi,

I took a temporary break in residency from 2019-2020 to work abroad, mostly to save for a PhD and to attempt to buy a house in the UK. However, when Covid started, I was advised not to return to the UK due to the severity of my asthma (which has had several near fatal attacks) as the country I was working in had a zero Covid policy and was actually safer at the time. As soon as it looked to be safer back home I handed in my work notice, but I had to give a year's notice meaning I will return summer 2023, the same year I wish to study. This means I will not have 3 years residency status. Will SF consider individual circumstances due to my health? I have doctor's letters... Also, because of the employment situation back home, I had to send money back home, which again, made it difficult to return. I self-funded my masters degree, and have never missed a repayment. I always intended to return to the UK and never thought I would get stuck abroad - but Covid!
Original post by peanuts1992
Hi,

I took a temporary break in residency from 2019-2020 to work abroad, mostly to save for a PhD and to attempt to buy a house in the UK. However, when Covid started, I was advised not to return to the UK due to the severity of my asthma (which has had several near fatal attacks) as the country I was working in had a zero Covid policy and was actually safer at the time. As soon as it looked to be safer back home I handed in my work notice, but I had to give a year's notice meaning I will return summer 2023, the same year I wish to study. This means I will not have 3 years residency status. Will SF consider individual circumstances due to my health? I have doctor's letters... Also, because of the employment situation back home, I had to send money back home, which again, made it difficult to return. I self-funded my masters degree, and have never missed a repayment. I always intended to return to the UK and never thought I would get stuck abroad - but Covid!

Hi there, once you submit your application you can send evidence of this along with a cover letter with a detailed explanation of the situation for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending