The Student Room Group

Student finance eligibility

I have been residing in the UK since September 2021. I will complete three years of residency this September. But I am already studying my first year at a university right now.

I am not on a student visa. I have presettled status and both parents are settled.

Would I be eligible for either home fees or student finance from this September?
Original post by SineJ
I have been residing in the UK since September 2021. I will complete three years of residency this September. But I am already studying my first year at a university right now.
I am not on a student visa. I have presettled status and both parents are settled.
Would I be eligible for either home fees or student finance from this September?

Hi there,

It's entirely up to your university to decide whether or not to charge you home fees.

So, we'd definitely suggest asking them directly and they'll be able to confirm this.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
It's entirely up to your university to decide whether or not to charge you home fees.
So, we'd definitely suggest asking them directly and they'll be able to confirm this.
Thanks, Graeme

If I'm qualified to pay home fees, would that help determine my eligibility for SFE as well?
Original post by SineJ
If I'm qualified to pay home fees, would that help determine my eligibility for SFE as well?

Hi there, your eligibility through us is separate. We assess this based on a students residency. The fee amount is entirely separate and this is down to the university. If you have any questions regarding applying through us though, do let us know. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, your eligibility through us is separate. We assess this based on a students residency. The fee amount is entirely separate and this is down to the university. If you have any questions regarding applying through us though, do let us know. Thanks, Jason

I've provided details regarding my residency. Do you think I'd be eligible to recieve SFE after this September? I'll finish 3 years in September but I'll likely be starting my second year shortly after.
Hi there. When did you start the course? Do you hold pre settled status through the EU settlement scheme? Also, are you only looking to apply for the Tuition Fee? Thanks, David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending