The Student Room Group

home fees?

Helllloooo I really need help when it comes to figuring out wether i'm "international fees" or "Home fees", I am aware that it differs from university to university but I would jsut like to get an overall view of how good my chances are to get "Home fees" but just to give you a little bit of context.
ive been living in Spain for ( when I graduate) 3 years. But prior to that I was in the UK for 4/5 years I have my UK residency and we do have apartments in the UK for which we pay taxes. am I eligible for "Home Fees"??
Original post by spam44
Helllloooo I really need help when it comes to figuring out wether i'm "international fees" or "Home fees", I am aware that it differs from university to university but I would jsut like to get an overall view of how good my chances are to get "Home fees" but just to give you a little bit of context.
ive been living in Spain for ( when I graduate) 3 years. But prior to that I was in the UK for 4/5 years I have my UK residency and we do have apartments in the UK for which we pay taxes. am I eligible for "Home Fees"??

NB. SFE only determine eligibility for funding, they don't assess fee status, that is done by the respective unis in the UK.

UKCISA is a good site that lays out the criteria that unis use when determining your fee status:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/information--advice/fees-and-money/home-or-overseas-fees-the-basics

It used to be the case that you'd need either 3 years being 'ordinarily resident' in the UK, (IE. not solely here for education purposes), or being granted indefinite leave to remain. So it will depend on whether you can be deemed to still have been ordinarily resident in the UK whilst being educated elsewhere, as well the nature of your "UK residency", (which could mean a few different things, IDLR, LTR, etc.).
Original post by spam44

Hi there,

You will need to confirm this with the university as we can only confirm the eligibility for funding, not the course costs.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending