The Student Room Group

eligibility criteria for students doing A -level and been in the UK for 2 years

I am currently in year 13, having come to the UK in 2022 to do my A-levels. It's been two years since I arrived here. Recently, I received a university offer for pharmacy, and they sent me the fee structures. It turns out that the tuition fee is £24,000, and the course duration is four years. Now, if I decide to take a gap year, I'll complete three years of study in the UK. In that case, will I be eligible for UK home tuition fees?
Hi meghaeliza,

Can you confirm your nationality and residency status in the UK please?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
I am an Indian who was raised in Bahrain. I arrived in the UK due to my mother's dependency.
Hi meghaeliza,

Is your mother a UK national or does she have settled status? Are you on a dependent visa?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
My mother arrived in the UK on a work visa, and I am her dependent. She has been residing here for approximately two and a half years.r
Hi meghaeliza,

You would need to hold a valid home office status to be eligible for funding. 3 years residency and indefinite leave to remain/settled status would be what is required to qualify for support. I have provided a link to help you further with our residency criteria.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending