The Student Room Group

I do everything around the house and get nothing in return lol

I live with my mum and twin sister. Most of the time, I’m the only one who does anything around the house and I’m getting pretty sick of it tbh. My mum will very occasionally hoover the living room. I hoover twice a week, wash dishes, clean the bathroom etc. If I forget to wash the dishes, my mum goes batshit crazy. Starts screaming at me, telling me I don’t “pull my weight” around the house. My sister never does her chores but my mum doesn’t say anything to her. My mum will even do my sister’s chores for her.

We have a dog as well and neither of them walk him. I’m a sixth form student with A-Levels coming up, so I can’t walk him as frequently as I used to. These exams are important to me. I need to go to uni and get out of here lol. I know he’s just a dog, and he’s probably fine, but I’m really worried about his well-being.

When I go to uni in September, I honestly dread to think about the state of the house after I move out. And my poor dog he’s going to get so depressed because no one will walk him. It’s the thing I worry about the most tbh. He needs exercise and enrichment. I’ve had to ask my dad (who doesn’t even live with us and has no responsibility for our dog) if, after I move out, he can try and walk the dog when he visits my sister.

Sorry for the novel. I just don’t know what to do. I’ve tried talking to my sister about this but nothing works. She gets angry and offended. Same with my mum. I spend more time doing housework to avoid being screamed at than I do revising. I feel like my grades are basically ****ed already.
I get what you’re saying, I’m sorry that I can’t help you but if you need someone to vent to then I’m here. As for the dog, if your dad isn’t able to walk him try asking your more trustworthy friends if they can take him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending