The Student Room Group

Capgemini Graduate Technology Programme 2023

I have an online interview for Capgemini grad tech programme, any ideas what will be asked.

If anyone has already done it, what questions did they ask?

Scroll to see replies

I applied to the Graduate Consultant (technical projects) programme and got 9 questions. They were all about the company and reasons for applying to the role. So make sure you know the company well.
Reply 2
Thank you, I completed the interview and your advice was helpful. any idea how long it will be before I hear back from them? There is no indication from the email they gave me upon completion.

Original post by Gatheringdata
I applied to the Graduate Consultant (technical projects) programme and got 9 questions. They were all about the company and reasons for applying to the role. So make sure you know the company well.
Original post by Tharak
Thank you, I completed the interview and your advice was helpful. any idea how long it will be before I hear back from them? There is no indication from the email they gave me upon completion.

I heard back in a day but it will depend on the number of applications they have to go through. I’d say roughly a week if they are busy.
Reply 4
Thank you :smile:, did you get through to the assessment centre?

I heard back in a day but it will depend on the number of applications they have to go through. I’d say roughly a week if they are busy.
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by Tharak
Thank you :smile:, did you get through to the assessment centre?

Yes I did
Reply 6
niceeee, good luck. hope it goes well.

Yes I did
Original post by Tharak
niceeee, good luck. hope it goes well.

Thank you. I’ve finished all the stages and waiting to hear back. Goodluck! I hope you get through
Reply 8
Thank you. I’ve finished all the stages and waiting to hear back. Goodluck! I hope you get through

oh in that case i hope you get it. any advice on what to expect at the AC (if i get through), and how to be successful in it.
Original post by Tharak
oh in that case i hope you get it. any advice on what to expect at the AC (if i get through), and how to be successful in it.

Thank you!

The AC has two parts - group work and 1-1 interview

Group work - you each will be given a proposal in which you will have to read and present to the group. You should explain why this proposal should be chosen. The chosen proposal in the group will then be presented to the 'board' (assessors), where you will answer a few questions stated in the brief. The assessors then will ask questions. This was roughly around 40 minutes

The 1-1 Interview was 45minutes to an hour. The interview is split into three parts - motivational alignment, strengths alignment and role alignment.

Motivational alignment why Capgemini? Why this programme? What do we do that excites you, what made you apply? questions of this nature.

Strengths aligned A lot of “tell us about a time when…” type of questions

Role alignment This section is to assess if Capgemini is right for you and what you can bring to the role

A tip I would give is to stay professional at all times.

I hope this helps
Reply 10
Thank you!

Group work - you each will be given a proposal in which you will have to read and present to the group. You should explain why this proposal should be chosen. The chosen proposal in the group will then be presented to the 'board' (assessors), where you will answer a few questions stated in the brief. The assessors then will ask questions. This was roughly around 40 minutes

The 1-1 Interview was 45minutes to an hour. The interview is split into three parts - motivational alignment, strengths alignment and role alignment.

Motivational alignment why Capgemini? Why this programme? What do we do that excites you, what made you apply? questions of this nature.

Role alignment This section is to assess if Capgemini is right for you and what you can bring to the role

I hope this helps

Thank you so much, that’s extremely useful. :smile:
Thank you!

I hope this helps

Hey, I have my VAC coming up and this is super helpful, thank you!

I was wondering do they ask technical questions? As in to do with programming or Cloud computing for example?

Are you expected to talk about languages or projects you have done?

Thank you!
Reply 12
Original post by springer0502
Hey, I have my VAC coming up and this is super helpful, thank you!

I was wondering do they ask technical questions? As in to do with programming or Cloud computing for example?

Are you expected to talk about languages or projects you have done?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have not done the VAC myself, I am still waiting to hear back if I passed the digital interview, but from the research that I have done, I don't think they ask you any technical questions. It may be something you can raise in the role alignment part, if they ask you what extra you can bring to the role, if you have those skills. You could probably refer to any projects that you have done in the Strength based questions. From what i have gathered, it is just the Motivational, Strengths and Role alignment questions they ask you. I have done other similar interviews, and they generally follow the same format.

Little off topic but how long did they take to get back to you to notify you if you were successful in the digital interview, how long did it then take to find out a confirmed date for VAC, and when is the VAC for you. If you don't mind me asking. Just so I can better understand what to expect.

Hope that helps.
Original post by Tharak
Hi,

I have not done the VAC myself, I am still waiting to hear back if I passed the digital interview, but from the research that I have done, I don't think they ask you any technical questions. It may be something you can raise in the role alignment part, if they ask you what extra you can bring to the role, if you have those skills. You could probably refer to any projects that you have done in the Strength based questions. From what i have gathered, it is just the Motivational, Strengths and Role alignment questions they ask you. I have done other similar interviews, and they generally follow the same format.

Little off topic but how long did they take to get back to you to notify you if you were successful in the digital interview, how long did it then take to find out a confirmed date for VAC, and when is the VAC for you. If you don't mind me asking. Just so I can better understand what to expect.

Hope that helps.

Hey! Thats really helpful thank you so much. I'm feeling pretty nervous as I've not really done too much prep/upskilling since I applied in December!

I submitted my app at the end of December, did my VI straight after and got a generic email back about being invited to the VAC if i was successful. Then I heard nothing until I received an invitation to the VAC mid-Feb but couldn't attend so they just sent me a new date today for next Wednesday (25th May).

So really it was around 2 months between my VI and VAC (if I had done it in Feb).
Reply 14
Thank you!

I hope this helps

Could I specifically ask what is Role Alignment, What type of questions would they ask? Because I'm a bit confused. Is it technical questions like what is devops?
Original post by Jj1EM
Could I specifically ask what is Role Alignment, What type of questions would they ask? Because I'm a bit confused. Is it technical questions like what is devops?

Its a very informal meeting on the types of roles available and what you’re interested in. They assign you a role. AC is the last stage of this application process so expect the fit “interview” to be very casual. I never got asked any technical questions.
Reply 16
Its a very informal meeting on the types of roles available and what you’re interested in. They assign you a role. AC is the last stage of this application process so expect the fit “interview” to be very casual. I never got asked any technical questions.

Oh okay, Thank you! Because I applied for the software engineering scheme so technically the role would be Software Engineering
Reply 17
Congrats on passing the digital interview & good luck with the VAC!

For the digital interview, did they mostly ask about your motivations for applying or were there strength based questions in there also? I'm completing mine this week and I'm quite nervous as its my first recorded interview, but from what I'm reading it doesn't sound too rough so fingers crossed!
(edited 11 months ago)

Are you able to vaguely remember all the questions?
Reply 19
ive done the ac if anyone wants help pm me.

Quick Reply

Latest