The Student Room Group

EY 2023 Reserve List

Hi guys!

I passed all the stages for UK EY 2023 Sep intake graduate scheme last month and I am on the reserve list now.

The HR officer told me that I needed to wait for someone to decline the offer, but there was no guarantee.

I would like to use this post to record my timeline and if someone is in the same situation as me, please feel free to comment.

Cheers!

FYI. This is the post from last year.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7203848

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya, same here! I just got the email yesterday saying that I've been put onto the reserve list, though what I've applied for was the April 23 intake. It really is quite shocking to know even the Sept 23 intake is already full. Do you mind sharing which service line you applied for? (Mine would be people advisory services)

Fingers crossed for you!
Reply 2
Yeah…I don’t know why it is so popular this year. I applied for technology consulting🤞🏻
Original post by hiuuut
Hiya, same here! I just got the email yesterday saying that I've been put onto the reserve list, though what I've applied for was the April 23 intake. It really is quite shocking to know even the Sept 23 intake is already full. Do you mind sharing which service line you applied for? (Mine would be people advisory services)

Fingers crossed for you!

Did you apply for PAS - Consulting or the Tax one? Also, which location did you apply for?
Reply 4
PAS consulting in Manchester. And you?
Reply 5
Hi there, I applied for tech consulting as well and had my final partner interview in early Feb then informed I was placed on the reserve list a week earlier. Did you get any feedback from the recruiter or have they explained if it’s possible to move the role to a different location/sub service line?
Reply 6
Original post by Emma Di
Hi there, I applied for tech consulting as well and had my final partner interview in early Feb then informed I was placed on the reserve list a week earlier. Did you get any feedback from the recruiter or have they explained if it’s possible to move the role to a different location/sub service line?

Hi Emma, I asked them when I got the email about reserve list but haven’t received any reply yet🥲 The email mentions the reserve list is only for the location and the service line I chose so I guess if I want to move location I may have to do the interview again?
Reply 7
Hi, do you know if they defer our application to the next year if there’s no availability at all?
Reply 8
I think they may defer to 24 April if there’s no hc. You can check the post about reserve list last year. And by the way, which office did you apply for?
Original post by Emma Di
Hi, do you know if they defer our application to the next year if there’s no availability at all?
Reply 9
It’s London, you?
Manchester

Original post by Emma Di
It’s London, you?
Hi, I applied for Graduate Assurance Sept 23 in Bristol and got positive feedback with a verbal offer towards the end of the final interview (late Feb 2023). However the following week they emailed saying there was one space left for the programme and offered to put me on reserve list. I emailed the HR rep and mentioned I am flexible to consider other UK locations/service line/intake, and they said they will make a note and be in contact in case an opportunity becomes available.

In a previous thread for last year's reserve list, I read one that says the candidate can be considered for other locations or intake, but to change the service line they'd have to reapply. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6932036

They didn't mention reapplying when I asked about service line flexibility, so I'm really not sure if EY has a standard policy for their reserve lists.
Original post by hm21044
Hi, I applied for Graduate Assurance Sept 23 in Bristol and got positive feedback with a verbal offer towards the end of the final interview (late Feb 2023). However the following week they emailed saying there was one space left for the programme and offered to put me on reserve list. I emailed the HR rep and mentioned I am flexible to consider other UK locations/service line/intake, and they said they will make a note and be in contact in case an opportunity becomes available.

In a previous thread for last year's reserve list, I read one that says the candidate can be considered for other locations or intake, but to change the service line they'd have to reapply. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6932036

They didn't mention reapplying when I asked about service line flexibility, so I'm really not sure if EY has a standard policy for their reserve lists.

Hi hm21044, I got the same reply about flexibility for the location but no mention of intake or service line. So I think they may not consider other service lines or intake time changes for this year's hiring process.
hey guys, I received an email today (a week after my final interview) saying that they put me in the reserve list. What do you guys think is the factor that would affect your position on the list, your performance in the partner interview, the time you finished the final interview, or something else? I am really happy to find out this chat room and I hope everyone here can get an offer from EY asap!
hi guys, more than happy to find this post.

I've applied for tech consulting in FSO Edinburgh and I finished my final interview on 08/02. Then I was told on 17/02 that I'm placed on the reserve list. I did email them about my willingness to change location, and they said they've marked it and would get back to me as soon as anything comes out.

I did know someone applying for September intake 2022 last year got reserved and placed on April intake 2023 eventually. And to be fair she applied quite late (like she started her application in March?). So I guess we all hold a better chance and there's nothing we can do but pray right now. I've been quite anxious for like a week but now I just feel a lot calmer.

So yeah, best luck to everyone.
(edited 1 year ago)
hi Eissac, I went to an open day about Ey graduate program and they said there is a ranking of reserve list and the hr team would arrange offers by the number of your ranking but it’s not open to us. The ranking is based on your online test and performance in the group work and interview.

Original post by Eissac0075
hey guys, I received an email today (a week after my final interview) saying that they put me in the reserve list. What do you guys think is the factor that would affect your position on the list, your performance in the partner interview, the time you finished the final interview, or something else? I am really happy to find out this chat room and I hope everyone here can get an offer from EY asap!
Original post by trendy527
hi guys, more than happy to find this post.

I've applied for tech consulting in FSO Edinburgh and I finished my final interview on 08/02. Then I was told on 17/02 that I'm placed on the reserve list. I did email them about my willingness to change location, and they said they've marked it and would get back to me as soon as anything comes out.

I did know someone applying for September intake 2022 last year got reserved and placed on April intake 2023 eventually. And to be fair she applied quite late (like she started her application in March?). So I guess we all hold a better chance and there's nothing we can do but pray right now. I've been quite anxious for like a week but now I just feel a lot calmer.

So yeah, best luck to everyone.

Hey trendy527, thanks for your information. Can I ask when did your friend get the notification for April intake? Or how long after the reserve offer?
Original post by EEEEaaa111
hi Eissac, I went to an open day about Ey graduate program and they said there is a ranking of reserve list and the hr team would arrange offers by the number of your ranking but it’s not open to us. The ranking is based on your online test and performance in the group work and interview.

Thank you!! That helps a lot:smile:
Original post by EEEEaaa111
Hey trendy527, thanks for your information. Can I ask when did your friend get the notification for April intake? Or how long after the reserve offer?

Hi ya, I think she applied in March? and finished the assessment centre in April, and then advised in May to be transferred to intake April next year.
Hii, guys. So happy to find this post.

I finished my final interview in Jan and have been placed on the reserve list in Feb. The program applied is data analytics.
I contacted the HR team asking if I could defer my intake time to April 2024, and I have been told that currently, they could offer me nothing but the reserve, and if things change, they will let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest