The Student Room Group

Buckingham University Jan 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Findingaway
Hi guys I received an offer and would love to be put in the Buckingham 2024 GC.

Same!!! which campus ?
Reply 61
hey I got an offer too I'm crewe, wbu
Original post by iwannadielol
Same!!! which campus ?
Reply 62
Original post by SADIIAK
Hey
has anyone heard back from their 2nd stage (written) MMA which was conducted on 11th july?

yep i got an offer today :smile:
Reply 63
Hi guys does anyone know how I can join the GC? ty
Reply 64
Original post by iwannadielol
Same!!! which campus ?

I picked the buckingham campus but wasn’t sure
Anyone with an offer and from Canada?
Reply 66
Is there a gc ??
Reply 67
Original post by mim101
hii i was just wondering how many students got offers from stage 2 approx

hii, i got an offer from stage 2. Canadian applicant here.
Reply 68
Original post by SADIIAK
Hey
has anyone heard back from their 2nd stage (written) MMA which was conducted on 11th july?

yes! i got an offer around a week ago. Canadian applicant here.
Reply 69
Original post by teflon_doc

yes from canada! ontario!
Hi everyone,

I got accepted also from Canada (ontario), could some add me to the GC?

I’m from Canada and got an offer, pm me plz!
Original post by mzarif11
yes from canada! ontario!

Likewise. Got an offer also from Ontario Canada! Send me pm
Hi everyone, I just recently applied to study medicine and I’m hoping to hear back soon :smile: I’m just wondering what the MMA is I’ve not managed to find much about it online. Is it similar to the SJT in the UCAT? Thanks I appreciate any responses :h:
Reply 74
Hi, I’ve got an offer from Buckingham and was wondering if anyone is looking for off -campus accommodation and if you have any recommendations? (Crewe campus)
Reply 75
Original post by Cat332
Hi, I’ve got an offer from Buckingham and was wondering if anyone is looking for off -campus accommodation and if you have any recommendations? (Crewe campus)

same here I'm currently looking into this as well.. please let me know if you find any good options and I'll do the same if I find any!
Original post by SADIIAK
Hello!
I have my 2nd stage interview on the 11th, But I'm a bit confused on how this is done?
Is it like a traditional verbal MMI or a solely computer based test like the SJT section on the UCAT?
for example : Do I have to write down my answers, and have MCQs to answer certain questions or am I supposed to verbally speak them with an interviewer ?
Thanks!

Hi I have my stage 2 interview for next week and I’m wondering the same thing. I’m a bit worried because there’s no many resources online for Buckingham, just wondering id it end up being verbal or written?
Original post by Guardianpastry
Hi I have my stage 2 interview for next week and I’m wondering the same thing. I’m a bit worried because there’s no many resources online for Buckingham, just wondering id it end up being verbal or written?

The MMI is written (if it’s the same as when I wrote it) and it’s computer-based. The only time I spoke verbally is when they were verifying my name and if I was present.

It’s a situational judgement test really. The only way to study in my opinion is to go over the GMC values of what makes a ‘good doctor’ and to maybe practice with some CASPr questions. The situations will be ethical dilemmas, or situations that you will morally pulled in different directions and they most likely want to see how you reason through (I.e., your thought process) difficult situations. My advice is to just go with your gut and type fast (don’t spend a long time on questions as you will run out of time for the rest of the set). Good luck!
Hey guys, I hope you are okay!
How is everyone dealing with the financial aspect of the course??? 😊
The MMI is written (if it’s the same as when I wrote it) and it’s computer-based. The only time I spoke verbally is when they were verifying my name and if I was present.

It’s a situational judgement test really. The only way to study in my opinion is to go over the GMC values of what makes a ‘good doctor’ and to maybe practice with some CASPr questions. The situations will be ethical dilemmas, or situations that you will morally pulled in different directions and they most likely want to see how you reason through (I.e., your thought process) difficult situations. My advice is to just go with your gut and type fast (don’t spend a long time on questions as you will run out of time for the rest of the set). Good luck!

Are all the ethical scenarios given related to medicine or just general?? Also what types of maths questions were there??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending