The Student Room Group

Am I overreacting

My father has a habit of telling his family and friends everything about my life, where I am working, my night outs. This makes me very angry. Am I overreacting?
Reply 1
I don't think you are overeating
Original post by Anonymous
My father has a habit of telling his family and friends everything about my life, where I am working, my night outs. This makes me very angry. Am I overreacting?

Not at all. When my family did this, I asked them to respect my boundaries, but when that didn’t happen, I went private and stopped sharing. Doesn’t happen anymore.

Definitely not overreacting. My dad used to do the same before I had a conversation with him about it. Try talking to him and explaining how you feel, if he doesn't stop then maybe stop sharing these aspects of your life with him - if he doesn't know about it, he can't share it!
Reply 4
Definitely not over reacting. It's YOUR business, no one wants every aspect of their life shared with people they communicate with regularly. Some things you want to keep private.
Communicate this with your father, if he still doesn't understand then you will just have to keep your life private from him to prevent this from happening in the future.
Good luck. <3
Reply 5

My dad is the same and it is really annoying, I've had arguments with him over this and the reasoning is that all his other work colleagues talk about their kids too. To stop him from doing this, I usually tell him that if he keeps doing this - I'm not going to tell him anything. You're not overreacting because it's personal stuff tbh

i dont think u are. i would be. i dont want people who i barely or never spoke to, know about my personal, social life etc

No, you're not. That is privacy invading and unsafe.

nohave a chat with him about it, he may not realise
Reply 9

What you are feeling at the moment is valid. And there are reasons why you feel this way. I feel that theres more to this than just telling his famility your activities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending