The Student Room Group

Boyfriend went to Hooters

So my boyfriend went to America for work for two months. When he got back he was scrolling through his pictures of where he visited and a picture of a hooters menu came up. He said ‘we went to two different ones’. I am not jealous or a psycho girlfriend but this upset me that he didn’t tell me and I only found out because of the photo of the menu. I am quite upset as we have been together over a year now and I thought we told each other everything and like I say I am not mad at him but I just think it’s weird and disrespectful. Am I over reacting? I would appreciate peoples opinions as I am hurt and I feel different about him now…..
Unless he told you every other restaurant he went to on his trip for breakfast/lunch/dinner/etc and only left out this one, I wouldn't waste time being offended over it to be honest. At the end of the day it's just a restaurant. My dad says their wings are excellent.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So my boyfriend went to America for work for two months. When he got back he was scrolling through his pictures of where he visited and a picture of a hooters menu came up. He said ‘we went to two different ones’. I am not jealous or a psycho girlfriend but this upset me that he didn’t tell me and I only found out because of the photo of the menu. I am quite upset as we have been together over a year now and I thought we told each other everything and like I say I am not mad at him but I just think it’s weird and disrespectful. Am I over reacting? I would appreciate peoples opinions as I am hurt and I feel different about him now…..

Mmm I would have a problem with it, it’s so hard to know whether you’re ‘overeacting’ but I personally think it’s completely valid to be upset with him. I just think he knew that he will be able to see other girls there and he went and didn’t even think about telling you and if that makes you feel uncomfortable or jealous (because I know I would feel that way) then you should tell him and expect him to explain himself.
if you don’t make a problem with it then he will think it’s fine and I’ll carry on doing stuff like that in the future and if your in a relationship where you have to feel upset about those things then there’s defientely others out there who would never think about doing anything like that.
Sorry I know it’s been a week but I just think those feelings are valid and it’s never too late to feel upset.
He probably didn't tell you because he didn't want an earful from you over it. After all it's just a restaurant, so he's not doing anything wrong, but he probably anticipated that you'd overreact about it.
Reply 4
You are overreacting. It's just a resturant....probably sounds worse then it is because you are not American and never been there.
Reply 5
It’s only a restaurant, albeit a sexist one that serves disgusting food
Original post by Anonymous

You are clearly crying about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending