The Student Room Group

Suspending my postgraduate Master’s course

Hello,

I'm studying for an MA in graphic design and I'm almost 2/3s of the way through the course. I'm considering suspending my final module until a later date due to personal matters.

If I suspend my studies, will I need to begin repaying my student loan immediately as an overpayment? Or will the repayment be put on hold until I’ve either finished the course or left entirely?

Also, would I still be classed as a student whilst I'm waiting to continue? I may need to apply for Job Seekers Allowance at a later date whilst I look for work to support myself, however, I don't believe students qualify for JSA?

Thanks
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by coolinspace
Hello,

I'm studying for an MA in graphic design and I'm almost 2/3s of the way through the course. I'm considering suspending my final module until a later date due to personal matters.

If I suspend my studies, will I need to begin repaying my student loan immediately as an overpayment? Or will the repayment be put on hold until I’ve either finished the course or left entirely?

Also, would I still be classed as a student whilst I'm waiting to continue? I may need to apply for Job Seekers Allowance at a later date whilst I look for work to support myself, however, I don't believe students qualify for JSA?

Thanks

Hi there, If you are suspending your studies your university would be required to send a suspension notification to advise us the date you stopped your course and the estimated date you are due to return to your course. Once this has been received the team will be back in contact with you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending