The Student Room Group

year 10 mocks help!

my year 10 mocks are coming up and i am quite panicked is there any tips / advice to prepare ?
Usually, I will read through the relevant textbook pages for a topic in a certain subject and then attempt to rewrite and rephrase the information myself to commit it to memory. Redoing these activities will tremendously aid you in remembering this material in the long term. This can then be supplemented by past papers or topic-specific question sets.
Original post by uniqueen8888
my year 10 mocks are coming up and i am quite panicked is there any tips / advice to prepare ?

The thing I regret most about my year 10 exams was that I overworked myself. It's important to study, but also remember to exercise, drink water, eat healthily and get enough sleep. I cannot stress how important it is to take care of yourself. Secondly, I'd recommend going over the specification for each of your subjects and going over topics/subtopics that you find the most difficult first then moving onto the ones you find easier. Past paper questions are really good for revision, so you may benefit from doing past paper questions on topics that you find more difficult, as this will help you develop your exam technique and you'll understand exactly what the mark scheme is looking for. I personally also find revising from flash cards beneficial as active recall helps you remember content more easily, but of course this differs from person to person and I know some of my peers dislike using flash cards. Study consistently, a little every day is much better than doing hours of revision on the day before your exam. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest