The Student Room Group

Accommodation for 2023/24 in London

hey, i’m going into my second year at uni in london and am searching for any available accomodation or cancellations for the upcoming year.
preferable price would be around 800 a month or less.
however i also wouldn’t mind joining anyone who’s looking for housemates for next year or joining anyone to look for a house.
let me know :smile:)
Reply 1
Original post by stressedafrn
hey, i’m going into my second year at uni in london and am searching for any available accomodation or cancellations for the upcoming year.
however i also wouldn’t mind joining anyone who’s looking for housemates for next year or joining anyone to look for a house.

did u find anything? where is the best place to look!? what uni are you at?
Reply 2
Original post by boop11
did u find anything? where is the best place to look!? what uni are you at?

best i’ve found is one in zone 3 or some okay ones of spare room. do u know about anywhere specific available?
Reply 3
is the university of London flatfinder facebook no good?
Reply 4
Original post by boop11
is the university of London flatfinder facebook no good?

my uni isn’t part of it so can’t join lol
Reply 5
ah man...then spare room i guess, or if your uni has accommodation help
Reply 6

I am also looking for housemates 🥹
Reply 7
Original post by Jimjam003
I am also looking for housemates 🥹

what’s ur plans? i was thinking of just going into a house share or buddying up on spare room.
Reply 8
what’s ur plans? i was thinking of just going into a house share or buddying up on spare room.

The things is is that I’m 2nd year and on every waitlist accommodation. In my 1st year I had to switch rooms due to issues. I’m wary of flat shares cuz once u start the lease, u can’t move rooms etc. if u problems but I know rooms are going to fast whether accom or private so idk if I should wait and hope that rooms become available after results day. What uni do u go to, I would defo consider doing a buddy up?
Reply 9
The best advice I can give is look to for 10 room mates with good credit histories.

Upon finding those 10 room mates, each look to acquire credit cards with at least £12,000 credit limits (it's likely this will be spread amongst a few cards).

After receiving your credit cards it's of great importance that you each withdraw the maximum of you can via cash machine (£500 a time means 24 withdrawals).

Pool your money together so you have £120,000 in total and then approach a mortgage broker to apply for a 'joint' mortgage.

Once you have found a house for around £950,000.00 use the deposit money and apply for a 25 year mortgage fixed at a rate of 5.75 for 5 years.

That'll equal a monthly payment of just £5,221.58 a month, or £422.00 split between 10 room mates.

Therefore meaning you'll be spending nearly 50% less than the £800.00 a month you first stated and be acquiring an asset :smile:

(I understand some many say this is not 'constructive' advice, although that is entirely subjective for reasons I will respond with if asked)
Reply 10
Original post by emmalee023
The things is is that I’m 2nd year and on every waitlist accommodation. In my 1st year I had to switch rooms due to issues. I’m wary of flat shares cuz once u start the lease, u can’t move rooms etc. if u problems but I know rooms are going to fast whether accom or private so idk if I should wait and hope that rooms become available after results day. What uni do u go to, I would defo consider doing a buddy up?

Sure, can u private dm me?
Original post by tashlane98
The best advice I can give is look to for 10 room mates with good credit histories.

Upon finding those 10 room mates, each look to acquire credit cards with at least £12,000 credit limits (it's likely this will be spread amongst a few cards).

After receiving your credit cards it's of great importance that you each withdraw the maximum of you can via cash machine (£500 a time means 24 withdrawals).

Pool your money together so you have £120,000 in total and then approach a mortgage broker to apply for a 'joint' mortgage.

Once you have found a house for around £950,000.00 use the deposit money and apply for a 25 year mortgage fixed at a rate of 5.75 for 5 years.

That'll equal a monthly payment of just £5,221.58 a month, or £422.00 split between 10 room mates.

Therefore meaning you'll be spending nearly 50% less than the £800.00 a month you first stated and be acquiring an asset :smile:

(I understand some many say this is not 'constructive' advice, although that is entirely subjective for reasons I will respond with if asked)

But now you have to live with 10 other people for the next 25 years
Reply 12

Transferring tenancy so need someone to replace me soon
Student accommodation in London. £235 a week
About the accommodation;
Single bed
TV in shared space
Shared bathroom
Study desk and chair
Wardrobe
Chest of drawers
Mirror
Shower
Sink
Toilet
About this building;
All-inclusive bills
Free WiFi
Free contents insurance
CCTV
CCTV
Laundry facilities
City centre location
Social spaces
Great public transport links
Zone 2 at The Arcade, home to over 300 people and perfectly located 10 minutes from London Metropolitan University. Just 8 minutes from Holloway Road Tube Station, another 10 minutes from central London and surrounded by the many conveniences of the local area. There’s a cinema just down the road, Arsenal’s majestic Emirates Stadium across the road, and a growing range of food, drink and independent shopping options. A big supermarket and shopping centre is close by as well as the Nag’s Head covered market, offering fresh food and dining.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending