The Student Room Group

Dating this guy long distance

I am dating this guy (not officially yet) for 4 months already kinda long- distance (2-3 hours away) which means we see each other on the weekends, sometimes every 2-3 weeks or on holidays. We always have a great time together but I always feel a bit like i am putting more effort in seeing him than he does. It’s that every time i went all the way to go see him and he never came to my town yet. I have to mention that my family owns a small house where he lives, so that makes it easier for me to go there. But still i always feel like he could just once in a while come see me. Also what bothers me is that almost everytime before a weekend I am very unsure wether to go there or not. A lot of the times we or more he doesn’t make plans to see me. And he wouldn’t even ask me to go there as of this weekend as well. And once i told him how it bothers me and that i also want to see him wanting to see me in person. I have to say he almost always reaches out first when texting, so it’s not like he doesn’t want contact with me. Also we shared our feelings to each other as well as what we want out of this relationship, which is seeing where it goes with the distance before becoming official. Does this sound like he is leading me on? Because it really stresses me out as of i never know if i can plan something with my friends or not because we don’t plan in advance. Should i end it or just hope it will get better?
Reply 1
Original post by yoursunshine14
I am dating this guy (not officially yet) for 4 months already kinda long- distance (2-3 hours away) which means we see each other on the weekends, sometimes every 2-3 weeks or on holidays. We always have a great time together but I always feel a bit like i am putting more effort in seeing him than he does. It’s that every time i went all the way to go see him and he never came to my town yet. I have to mention that my family owns a small house where he lives, so that makes it easier for me to go there. But still i always feel like he could just once in a while come see me. Also what bothers me is that almost everytime before a weekend I am very unsure wether to go there or not. A lot of the times we or more he doesn’t make plans to see me. And he wouldn’t even ask me to go there as of this weekend as well. And once i told him how it bothers me and that i also want to see him wanting to see me in person. I have to say he almost always reaches out first when texting, so it’s not like he doesn’t want contact with me. Also we shared our feelings to each other as well as what we want out of this relationship, which is seeing where it goes with the distance before becoming official. Does this sound like he is leading me on? Because it really stresses me out as of i never know if i can plan something with my friends or not because we don’t plan in advance. Should i end it or just hope it will get better?

It should always be a give and take in any relationship specially when you are still starting. But honestly, 4 months is a bit ... I think its time to be brave and get a direct answer from him. And be prepared to hear things whether you like it or not..
Reply 2

Girl im sorry to say it like this but im pretty sure he has a side chick or u are his side chick. happened to me once and never again. hes absolutely playing with u, makes no sense to reach out to u but not wanting to see u in person or showing effort. complete waste of time and unnecessary worries that guy honestly, look for men that are really worth it and not such heartless and aloof boys
Reply 3

Is that even a serious question? You just answered yourself with your post. You are not official "because of the distance", he talks to you but has no interest in seeing you and is not even interested in making plans. Yet you say you shared your feelings, so the guy has to talk really well to convince you, because honestly that guy is a tremendous red flag. Girl, you live in the same state I guess and he can't even come once to see you, open your eyes and stop wasting your time.
Reply 4
agree with all of u, cuz ive stalked u a lil bit and she also broke up with the previous bf and immediately started dating this guy. understandable u r so needy driving for hours just for his validation and so blind to see whats happening. prob u dated him just to forget and suppress ur bad feelings. anyway that guy is a walking red flag hahha but prob noticed it already when he behaves like that during the beginning of ur "relationship" xD
I see some comments are kind of rude, but I actually see their point. In my opinion, it's just not meant to be. I mean, you are quite at the beginning of the relationship, and that's (at least for me) the moment when you are the most excited about seeing each other and meeting up. Besides, you see each other even less than in a normal relationship because of distance, so I would say either he's not into having a relationship or he really has something else going on. Anyway, as someone previously mentioned, a relationship requires effort from both parties, and if he's already lacking it at the beginning, I don't want to imagine it later on. Honestly, stop wasting your time and stressing yourself out about people who don't care about you, and ask yourself why you are tolerating this kind of behavior when you aren't even official.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending